Search results

1. T

Topping DACs with a phone as an input

I finally got my DAC and thought I'd leave some feedback in case anyone needs help with a similar issue. For starters, I have to thank everyone who contributed to this forum. Without them I couldn't have made the right decision. As for how things turned out, I ended up up buying the E30 over the...
  2. T

I gotta hand it to you, thats some real A class engineering you got there. Thank you for the insight but I'm gonna spend a little more on the E30 so I don’t DIY any power solutions.
  3. T

You’re absolutely right. I will get to that, eventually. I will also definitely browse through that section of the forums.
  4. T

I used to have a backup of my collection on my mac but it bricked itself about a year ago and it took all of my data with it. I had a spare laptop that also had a second backup, but I lent it to a friend and she just broke it by accidentally kicking it or something (it was a while ago so I don't...
  5. T

Well, I already have a similar device that I'm using as a DAC. It's a combo but since it doesn’t have enough juice to power my headphones alone, I plug it into a dedicated amp. I want a dedicated DAC to match my amp and from the reviews of the sonata that amir posted, the topping out performs...
  6. T

I know it doesn't come with an adapter and I have a bunch of 5V adapters lying around. I think I could possibly source a linear power supply if the need really arises. That aside, in light of recent revelations (many of which were imparted to me on this thread), I'm going to forgo over the D10s...
  7. T

I get like a decent 4-5 hours of playback using my phone with the SMSL idea on a full charge. Thats usually been enough for me.
  8. T

That is really useful information, I had absolutely no clue of the actual figures. I also have to commend you on digging this information up, I could't find it. I found a guy who said his galaxy s9 worked with his D10s and seeing as I have a galaxy s20, i think it should work for me too. I do...
  9. T

Thank you for the information. I have an android that I’ve been using with my current setup. I've been using the Samsung music app. I have to say that the sound that I get from my phone, to me, doesn’t sound much different from when I had my setup running off a pc through foobar using the same...
  10. T

I guess so, but I don’t really mind the power draw. I currently use an SMSL idea DAC amp combo as a preamp with a dedicated amplifier. The SMSL is beginning to show its age and I can hear electric interference in my headphones now. That’s why I was looking to upgrade and have a dedicated amp and...
  11. T

I have looked and looked and cannot find a solid answer for my question. That's why I decided to finally make an account and ask rather than continue to lurk. I basically want to buy a topping D10s or an E30. I mostly use my phone as an input device because thats where I keep all my music...
Top Bottom