Search results

1. J

Headphone and interface for beginner music production

I got the headphones and interface. They sound great. Generally everything's sounds really good out of the box but in some psytrance I was listening to, the leads were getting a little lost. I quickly imported into Studio One and put in Amir's EQ settings and that has sorted that problem out...
  2. J

Apparently the 3.2 Gen 2 Type A's on my motherboard should meet the power requirement. We'll see. If not I'll get a PCI USB Type C card that's rated high enough.
  3. J

Thanks will do. And I'm using Studio One (just to be different I guess). Slightly annoying as I find every tutorial using Ableton but oh well
  4. J

This review measured the new version and it looks like that was the big change for the mk ii. Measured the new version at 107mW @ 32 Ohm
  5. J

Oh I get it now. Thanks for the explanation and the refs. So I'm thinking that I'll go with the K371's and the Audient ID 4 Mk II, as the output impedance doesn't matter and it looks like it delivers approx 107mW @ 32Ohms (as long as I have the proper USB-C power supply which I'll need to add...
  6. J

Sorry I meant K371 but I guess your point applies the same? But I thought that high impedance from the amp changes the frequency response of low impedance headphones (at least that was my understanding after watching one of Julian Krause's videos). Yes this is just an intermediate step for me...
  7. J

On Julian Krause's channel he measured bad output impedance for the Studio 24c so I assume that's not good for the K371's. I don't know if the Studio 26c is similar? The Audiobox had bad frequency response. I'm kinda thinking that at this budget my best options are: Motu M2 + AKG K371...
  8. J

When I say beginner, I've been a beginner for a little while. I've got Studio One and got to the point where I wanted to upgrade the audio hardware.
  9. J

Oops, I meant K371 not K701 all this time - sorry. Thanks for the suggestion. Would the Motu M2 be enough for these or do I need something along the lines of what @Blumlein 88 recommends?
  10. J

Right, sorry that's what I meant. Shame to have an interface just for the USB to lineout. Basically I'm only interested in going from the computer to headphone amplifier for now so was trying to minimise purchases. So as you say, expanding headphone choice is needed? Although perhaps the...
  11. J

I'd have to get a USB to DAC with that though wouldn't I?
  12. J

Thanks, yeah I will get speakers at some point but for now I can't (and I'm still at an early point in my learning). Looks like the M4 is also out of stock unfortunately.
  13. J

I'm a beginner in music production but I've reached the point where I'd like to upgrade my setup a bit, to get a clearer sound. For the moment I'll stick with headphones as I'll wake people up with speakers. I've got a pair of Superlex HD668B and using my motherboard's audio output into some...
Top Bottom