Search results

1. C

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I think there is some misunderstanding here, prompted by my response to the question about room calibration. Although the bulk of my trial involved Tidal playing through Roon, I also did play two sides from two LPs -- music that I know very well. Once again, the difference was night and day. I...
  2. C

Agreed. Annoying, sibilant and bright speakers these are not.
  3. C

You are right. Ultimately, though, I also have a turntable in that room (a smaller study), and my current method of calibration, which involves plugging in the measurements into Roon, will not help with that. Given these constraints, it has to be the ear test, and under the circumstances of the...
  4. C

I agree. You are right. That said, perhaps loudspeaker reviews must in future be more nuanced -- and explain the operational parameters. Maybe someone should create an app -- with the dimensions of the room, location of windows, nature of furniture, treatments, etc., inputted by the listener /...
  5. C

I just realized something. The room correction I had done was with my original set of speakers, not either of these. That said, the difference was too significant to ignore or brush aside.
  6. C

Makes sense, but Room correction should have fixed this. My previous speakers were reasonably good.
  7. C

Yes, I do use Room correction now. And no, I didn't take measurements. No need to, as the question was which one to keep, and my ears, and those of two others, made things very easy indeed. There is simply no comparison.
  8. C

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

Thus far, I have found the recommendations on this forum to be right on the money. Alas, not so with this one, especially when contrasted with Amir's review of the ELAC DBR 6-2. To my ears, it was quite the opposite. I found the ELAC DBR-62 to be absolutely devoid of detail, and its soundstage...
  9. C

Thus far, I have found the recommendations on this forum to be right on the money. Alas, not so with this one, especially when contrasted with Amir's review of the KEF Q 350. To my ears, it was quite the opposite. I found the ELAC DBR-62 to be absolutely devoid of detail, and its soundstage...
  10. C

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I don't know about this vendor, but B&H do waive taxes if you pay through their method, and ship for free.
  11. C

A quick question, if I may. I recently bought this device, and am really enjoying it. I connect it to a RPi4 running Ropiee, a Roon endpoint OS. It all works quite seamlessly. For those who are wondering, the amp stage on this is simply outstanding too. That said, not being an engineer by...
  12. C

Neat! Can you please share any online listing for this?
  13. C

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 2

Good idea. I'll do this on Saturday.
  14. C

Thank you. This is very good news indeed. I am looking forward to experimenting with all this when the mike comes. Thanks to this thread for getting me started on this adventure.
  15. C

Thank you sir. Also, for other newbies like myself in the same situation, I found a very useful piece on the Roon forum. Here is the URL: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide-how-to-do-room-correction-and-use-it-in-roon/23800 The only problem is that this, and other guides talk about...
Top Bottom