Search results

1. S

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

The cabinet resonance is slightly concerning. @hardisj would you consider it bothersome? I wonder if this was present on the LP-6/8 v1, but was not obvious due to less amp energy. @KaliAudio_Official is there less internal bracing for the LP series compared to the IN series?
  2. S

USB audio interfaces interest

Looking at the review here: The Komplete Audio 1/2 has an headphone output impedance of 10.21 Ohms, pretty high compared to the 0.06 Ohms of the MOTU M2 and the 0.35 Ohms of the focusrite 2i2/solo Gen 3. The focusrite has problems in the headphone out with low impedance headphones, but fairs...
  3. S

List of Chinese IEM manufacturers

I can't seem to edit the original post, is this a forum restriction? I can remove the reference to this term. Edit: I guess that means I can't update the original post, maybe I should migrate this to a google doc/sheet?
  4. S

I've added Vsonic. I guess it depends on what a "chinese IEM" brand is, Vsonic was founded in japan in 1980, but the chinese founders later moved most of the operations to ShenZhen in 1999.
  5. S

Without a doubt Chinese made IEMs have become really popular in the last couple of years, I thought I would attempt to make a master list here. A few well known ones to start off: Moondrop (水月雨) - est 2014 Kanas (2018), Kanas Pro Edition (2018), KXXS (2019), Moondrop (2019), Aria v2 (2021)...
  6. S

Cheapest "transparent" DAC with balanced output and volume control

Looking at the proposed solutions so far MOTU M2 ($180, currently out of stock) analog volume control Soncoz LA-QXD1 ($219, in stock at various places) digital volume control Both have balanced outputs, and volume controls in front. The Soncoz measures better, but the MOTU can also act as...
  7. S

Fiio BTR5

Looking at the measurements: SINAD BAL - 103.5 dB UNBAL - 83 dB THD+N BAL - 0.00067% UNBAL - 0.007% Dynamic range (weighted - probably BAL out, no voltage specified) BAL (? not labeled) 124 dB THD+N vs freq (? not labeled - probably BAL out? ) Generally below 0.001 - decent IMD vs level ESS...
  8. S

Second Wave Kali IN-8 Announcement: -12dB self noise

I gasped when he pressed the tweeter in, wouldn't it be safer for them to provide a grille/mesh for protection?
  9. S

Fiio BTR5

There are measurements of the Fiio BTR5 here. It is in chinese, but google translate does a decent job. TLDR: Unbalanced measures poorly, balanced measures decently. Very sensitive to USB jitter/noise, and measurements improved after using a USB isolator.
Top Bottom