Search results

1. krumpol

Financial status of YouTube reviewer

Ran across blog article by former software engineer from Finland with detailed income analysis: https://brickexperimentchannel.wordpress.com/2022/11/19/my-youtube-earnings/
  2. krumpol

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

Do we? You seem to be convinced the memory foam is softer in revised model, according Solderdude's article it is firmer though. Since you both have measured the same difference in frequency response with softer and firmer pads, I think driver has been changed and memory foam properties are not...
  3. krumpol

(Audiophile) americana and country music? Who likes it? Recommendations?

German composer, guitar player and singer Richard Bargel:
  4. krumpol

Please, recommend headphones for listening to music with ENJOYMENT.

These have been designed forty years ago, when kids were listening to eight bit samples of their games through cheap TV repro. :)
  5. krumpol

A surprise on Qobuz...

This marketing pitch just keeps giving. They correctly wrote DAC means digital-to-analogue converter and in the next sentence you read that digital signal is converted to analogue via the amp and speakers.
  6. krumpol

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Found the batch! There must have been some plankton and wetness without thickness in this shipment:
  7. krumpol

User tracking ad platform now baked into Chrome browser

Customizable user.js template by Arkenfox is perhaps the best one I found. All configurable Firefox parameters explained, including couple of hidden ones. https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js
  8. krumpol

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

I can see $229 for US of A (without taxes) at official Sennheiser outlet right now. Amazon internal pricing doesn't reflect MSRP. For $149 you can get refurbished HD 560S at Sennheiser's outlet, makes me wonder whether this is what Amazon is reselling...
  9. krumpol

Yep, the sound wont change. Comfort could, polyester is synthetic material and good heat insulator - not good for long sessions in hot weather. Also one guy here on ASR reported that new headband is poorly glued and keep yanking his hair, which is another anecdotal evidence that quality and...
  10. krumpol

The guy who first mentioned this sneaky downgrade on reddit, linked in january ASR thread quoted by Robbo, posted two unboxing pictures with old+new HD 560S and added remark that fabric on earpads is different. It looks different on his pictures btw. Anyway, the point is, pricetag went down...
  11. krumpol

Quality has come down as well. 2023 revision goes with half a lenght cable and fine velour on earpads was replaced by cheap polyester.
  12. krumpol

Movies with great music in them?

'Round midnight (B. Tavernier, 1986)
  13. krumpol

Silo (TV series)

I still find it overly dramatised. Generator was turned off for five days in book and repair procedure was covered on couple of lines in very calm and pragmatic manner. In TV series this was totally different, frenetic nail-biter lasting half episode with main character drowning - the coolant...
  14. krumpol

Dune 2021

Yep, that's "hard science fiction", sci-fi subgenre focused on logic and scientific accuracy. Interstellar was another one.
  15. krumpol

The Mandalorian - Season 3

Last three episodes of The Book of Boba Fett miniseries fit right between Mandalorian season 2 and 3 btw, episode 5 explains where Mando got his new ship from.
  16. krumpol

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Fair enough. I'm here for objective evidence that @Robbo99999 can hear the difference between equalised and unequalised channels on his cans, since he has advised folks to buy measuring equipment in order to improve their listening experience based on nothing else than his subjective opinion.
  17. krumpol

Uh huh. When you "think you notice something" or when you "think you enjoy it more", which is your wording, it's pretty much clear you can't be sure whether you hear any difference or not. Either you can successfuly pass blind tests and confirm what you think you hear, or you cannot. That's all...
  18. krumpol

Uh huh. Unless you successfuly ran a blind tests, all the differences you think you allegedly hear in "soundstage" or "imaging" is your subjective opinion.
  19. krumpol

Refreshing movies worth watching

Two European movies I'd like to draw your attention to: This must be the place (2011, P. Sorrentino) On body and soul (2017, I. Enyedi)
  20. krumpol

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Same. Thanks for interesting tips on last two pages folks! All I've been adding is a pinch of powdered cardamom. Smells very good, doesn't change taste.
Top Bottom