Search results

1. B

What electronic audio products you want tested most

More amps, dacs, vintage gear. No more headphones. The headphone reviews are currently the joke of the audiophile world. Everything else is great.
  2. B

"Things that cannot be measured"

I believe what is being measured for headphones might only be half of what can be measured. The rest I dont think people have figured out yet. This is why I dont take the headphone reviews seriously at all. I'll take into account FR, noise, distortion, build quality, etc but I'll make my...
  3. B

Poll: Do you like Harman's target curve for headphones bass response?

Seems that about 50% want more or are fine with the bass and 50% want less bass. Imagine that... a poll asking about a curve that averages out all the numbers is split 50/50. Ya dont say.
  4. B

Help me act rationally about headphones

I considered all this before I purchased my Sundara. I figured it would feel terrible for 350 but the build is nicer than people give it credit. Paired with oratory 1990 I enjoy it so much I kind of want to see how much of a step up the Aryas are. I went in thinking DT1990 or 660s and left...
  5. B

Snake Oil Department, Top This

I'm thinking about going into business making audiophile q tips. Maybe sell them audiophile anti static dryer sheets too. Theres too much money to be made selling to these people. I cant fault the companies if people believe this crap.
  6. B

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

I have a hyperx cloud 2 with the USB dongle in the kitchen. Use it all the time in there. It's pretty clean and has some punch to it! Bought it years ago when I gamed and used discord.
  7. B

[POLL] Hi-res music

I use Amazon HD. There were a few weeks where I was very OCD and changed bitrate in windows to match the song every time. My dac goes to 192. There were times I thought I heard some improvement and sometimes I thought it sounded worse playing the higher quality stuff. I really question if...
  8. B

Do Premium Headphone Cables Make an Audible Difference? Norne Audio Cable Review (video)

I understand people wanting a nice durable cable in different colors but good grief these dealers are worse than car salesman.
  9. B

Best DAC under 150 with two outputs?

If you cant find one like you could always get something like a dac and switcher but it would be 2 boxes. When I was looking I was deciding between a JDS DAC with the JDS Ol Switcher (2 in 2 out) or the Schiit modi 3+ with sys (1 in 2 out). They both are right at 150. I'm sure Topping and...
  10. B

What cables do you use in your systems?

Yep and Jimmy Hendrix used a 30' long high capacitance cable because he liked how it cut the brightness from his bright strat. People like what they like. I aint judging anyones choices.
  11. B

What cables do you use in your systems?

I LOVE Mogami cable. I've been making my own XLR, instrument, and patch cables using Mogami and Neutrick jacks for years. For me I cant rationalize spending more money than this level of cable. I buy the cable in bulk and it cost 1/4 the price of a prebuilt.
  12. B

Yea I'm all new to this hi fi world. Still got a lot to learn. Probably not giving the 770 the credit it deserves. I'll fiddle with the EQ more this week and see what happens. I could very well have copied the settings wrong. Either way I do love those and they were my first good pair I...
  13. B

Yea I use it for tracking drums and guitar and its great for that. It's definitely not going to magically turn into a reference headphone with EQ. I for the life of me will never understand why people buy tracking headphones when they really want a laid back reference can.
  14. B

I like the settings with my sundara and agk. With the 770 I don't. That headphone is kind of a love it or hate it can't really fix it. I just plug that in and enjoy.
  15. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I'm still early in this hobby. In the order I got them in. AKG k240 Studio >> DT770 80 Ohm >> Sundara. K240s I hated for years until I hooked them up to an amp. They actually sound really good for 60 dollars. I use the 770s when I record drums, guitar or need to block out noise. I'm really...
  16. B

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

First off I want to say I have no experience with tube amps regarding headphone amps. I do have 20+ years experiencing gigging guitar and bass tube amps. For guitar amps when you push the power tubes you get a nice compression and with gain you get very pleasing harmonics. This is only at...
  17. B

"Things that cannot be measured"

My line of thinking is the different types of headphones is the "car" and everything that measures well is the gas. 93 octane is 93 octane no matter what care its in. What you are paying extra for is features "additives" or maybe you just want to be seen at the name brand gas station instead...
Top Bottom