Search results

1. T

Inside High res Music (Antonio Forcione) (Video)

If you've ever recorded a computer monitor with a video camera you've no doubt seen moving lines across the monitor in the video. That's because the "sampling rate" (shutter speed) of the camera is 29.97 per second, while the monitor might be refreshing at 60 or 120hz. That's a time difference...
  2. T

That is literally what samples per second means.
  3. T

That's not correct either. 44,100 samples per second vs 96,000 samples per second is a measure of resolution, where frequency _is_ in the time domain. The Nyquist limit rises in addition to and in proportion with the sample rate, it is not the *only* difference.
  4. T

WANTED: okto research dac8 Stereo

I'd sell you mine for $1K but it has to be sent in for repair. It's still under warranty.
  5. T

Can Electronics cause this effect (Snare-Drum like resonance from Piano sounds)

My first thought would be speaker, as some flaws only become noticeable at certain frequencies. I've not heard of another component behaving like that.
  6. T

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

My Dac8 Stereo died - - the screen won't turn on, though volumio app recognizes the rPi has booted. The screen and volume control froze before dying altogether. I've reached out and hoping i hear back.
Top Bottom