Search results

1. Luke Lemke

Downgrading my Headphone Collection

After I found this Forum I realized that the money I've spent on my headphones was not necessarily money well spent considering price to performance ratio. I still like to keep many headphones as I'm a collector, but I don't want to have super expensive cans if I can get the same audio quality...
  2. Luke Lemke

Law of diminishing returns - Headphones

Hey guys. After trying several different headphones I wonder: Where do we reach a point in which we get no real improvement in sound quality? For instance: If you have a Hifiman Sundara + the Magni/Modi stack, can you really get a better headphone with a significant sound quality improvement...
  3. Luke Lemke

Focal Clear vs. Sennheiser HD 800s

Hey guys. I own the Focal Clear and Focal Clear MG, which I love. I've never tried the Sennheiser HD 800s. I've heard the 800's have a "wide" sound stage and are not "intimate". I've also been told they have almost no bass. Every description I hear about this headphone is an indication I'll not...
  4. Luke Lemke

What is the best Audio Equalizer for Windows?

Hello All. I've been using VLC media player for my FLAC files, which has a built in equalizer. I feel like the EQ from VLC Media Player decreases the audio quality somehow and it doesn't have all of the frequencies I want to tweak. I mainly listen to music with my headphones / DAC / Amps. My...
  5. Luke Lemke

Upgrading my Fiio K5.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and would like some help to upgrade my Fiio K5. My current headphones are: Focal Clear, Beyerdynamic DT 1990, Hifiman Sundara and Sennheiser 660S. I drive all of them with my Fiio K5 Pro, which a like a lot. Problem is, I've never tested any of these headphones...
Top Bottom