• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best Audio Equalizer for Windows?

Luke Lemke

Hello All.

I've been using VLC media player for my FLAC files, which has a built in equalizer. I feel like the EQ from VLC Media Player decreases the audio quality somehow and it doesn't have all of the frequencies I want to tweak. I mainly listen to music with my headphones / DAC / Amps.

My question is:
-What is the best equalizer for Windows out there? Should I use APO Equalizer?
-Is there an "audiophile" media player out there with a good built in equalizer?

Thanks.

OP
Luke Lemke

Luke Lemke

Thanks a lot! Should I even try an audio player with built in equalizer for convenience or all of them suck?

Sombreuil

I don't think I've ever noticed a difference between foobar's EQ and APO. The reason I'm using APO is that it applies to Youtube, games, etc. Whereas for foorbar it only works with, well, foobar.

OP
Luke Lemke

Luke Lemke

Thanks Sombreuil. It turns out I can download foobar from the windows store, which means I can install it in my company's computer without admin rights. It works like a charm!

Top Bottom