Search results

1. Sound_freq

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Ths R-S202 appears to have originally come out around 2016. Accessories 4 Less has it for $129 Yamaha factory refurbished. https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrs202bl-rb/yamaha-r-s202-2-ch-x-100-watts-natural-sound-stereo-receiver/1.html
  2. Sound_freq

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

I owned a pair for a year or so, I'm certain the measurements aren't great, but they made for a fun enjoyable listen. They've just released the L100 Classic Mk2's - https://mm.jbl.com/classic-series/L100-MK2.html
  3. Sound_freq

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

It looks like it should be free.....:oops:
  4. Sound_freq

WiiM Amp discussion

I own the WXA-50 currently. It came out in 2016, as good as the Yamaha has been for over 8 years, it's been overdue for a refresh for quite sometime now. The WXA-50 doesn't support any of the modern more advanced Bluetooth specs, doesn't support Airplay 2 has no ARC input, I'm sure the dac chips...
  5. Sound_freq

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Unlikely, as Apple doesn't allow anyone outside of Sonos to use direct integration of Apple Music that I'm aware of and that's only due to a pre-existing partnership / business relationship. Eversolo still doesn't have Airplay 2 included on there devices which was originally advertised, some...
  6. Sound_freq

Apple and Sonos have a pre-existing partnership/business relationship. They were Apple's first partner to include Spatial Audio in there products. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/apple-expands-sonos-partnership/...
  7. Sound_freq

Thanks @mirror88. I'm curious if the originally advertised Airplay 2 capabilities will ever come to fruition or is that an impossibility at this point ? I noticed DMP-A8 specs didn't mention Airplay 2 either.
  8. Sound_freq

Is your DMP-A6 is playing back Amazon Ultra tracks at proper resolution or at 16 bit/48khz in Opus Codec ?
  9. Sound_freq

They also still advertise it as having Airplay 2, but it doesn't.
  10. Sound_freq

Are you connected to the network via Ethernet or Wifi ? When you say you are using the natively installed Tidal app , are you accessing it through cast mode through the Eversolo App or direct through the touch screen ? It seems I've had a similar experience with some of the apps hanging up...
  11. Sound_freq

Does anyone post in this thread aside from Purite Audio and Werther44210 ? :rolleyes::facepalm:
  12. Sound_freq

Same here, the "connect" volume control didn’t work at all till the most recent firmware update, and now that it does, it's rather large volume steps, approx 6.5 db each step, very jumpy / laggy response to button presses. I believe it’s the same for Apply Airplay also.
  13. Sound_freq

There's enough people that describe hearing a somewhat bright character after listening to the Eversolo that, they aren't all wrong.
  14. Sound_freq

Get in contact with Zidoo support and let them know how exactly it’s behaving.
  15. Sound_freq

Volume adjustment steps with Spotify Connect and Airplay are about the same on the DMP-A6. I have a Yamaha WXA-50 and the volume moves in steps for certain, it does feel like the steps on the Eversolo are larger gaps with a bit more delayed reaction to each button push before the volume changes...
  16. Sound_freq

She must be streaming over Airplay instead of Connect. Connect streams will show as PCM, Airplay streams as an AAC, 44.1khz but at 256 kbps.
  17. Sound_freq

What's your basis for saying it worked terribly ?
  18. Sound_freq

For the time being unless something gets sorted in firmware, you'll want the Eversolo BTR-12 remote for turning it on. I've found the remote nice for skipping tracks in playlists, pausing and volume control if you use it as a digital front end, much faster than navigating a software app...
  19. Sound_freq

I can’t buy into that theory
  20. Sound_freq

It’s still a good analysis of the Eversolo, snake oil aside. ;)
Top Bottom