Search results

1. O

How can I integrate TV audio into streamer?

So I did this and it works "fine". The two issues I have with this approach are: I lose some valuable real estate on my vintage 2 channel amp. I've got 2xAux inputs. I'd rather have a single connection fed by a DAC that can handle multiple sources I think. Even 2 sources. I have to turn the...
  2. O

LOL, yeah I think I overcomplicated it like crazy. :) I'll give this a try.
  3. O

Here is my current setup: Amp - vintage Luxman integrated DAC - Rpi3 with Plexamp + Khadas Tone1 and Squeezebox Touch internal Sources - Ripped FLAC library on Synology NAS streamed by LMS and Plex, TiDAL, Spotify Unused currently - Rpi4 + HiFiBerry pro DAC hat I've got a modern TV that I'd...
  4. O

High(ish) end passive speakers for 2-channel audio kit recommendations

Thanks for the awesome contributions to an already valuable thread! I'm pretty excited to do a build and not in a rush, so I'm enjoying all the links and research and advice.
  5. O

@AudioSQ - thanks, this is great feedback! I'm curious why you chose the 2TDs over the 1TD? And did you also consider the BMR? I'm sure that I'll be satisfied with whatever I end up choosing, but this is definitely part of the fun! @datrumole - great tip on using a CNC shop to get a bit...
  6. O

Reading a lot about the BMR's - they sound pretty awesome! What about stands? It seems that the vertical off-axis is not as good and that the tweeter should sit around ear height. Since these speakers are taller than my current Dyns by 5" (20" vs 15"). Should I look into different stands for it?
  7. O

DIY Passive Speaker Kit for First Timer (Near-Field on Desk)

Aren't the Criton 1-TD a lot bigger than the C-notes? I was looking into them as a main system DIY build and from my perception (only. never seen them live) I can't imagine them sitting on a desk. I also (perception) put them in a class way beyond the C-Notes.
  8. O

diy active 2.0 bookshelf speakers + raspberry pi with dac.

FYI - last year I built the C-Note kit as an active pair of speakers using their knockdown flatpack cabinet and the Dayton Audio amp here. They turned out great for the cost, level of fun, and their intended purpose. It is currently attached to the TV, Switch, and streaming music via Plex, as...
  9. O

After spending WAY too much time clicking links and watching YouTube videos, I keep finding myself returning to and leaning towards a BMR or a CSS Criton 1TD(X) build. I guess that makes sense since it was the GR XLS Encore that led me here in the first place. I haven't seen too much info on...
  10. O

What makes them better suited for HT over music? (or in addition to music?)
  11. O

The BMR seems to focus on orchestral music - I have no idea what that means in terms of the rock and rockin' blues that I listen to? I really like the looks of the CSS Criton 2TD (but what a terrible choice of font on their website! Can barely read the mode name!)
  12. O

How critical are the upgrades that you made to the flatpack you linked? The build thread is way impressive and probably a lot more than I could tackle at this point.
  13. O

I looked at some of these designs, but noted there were so many that were out of stock. I must admit, my logical brain is still sometimes fighting to overome my emotional gut that says, "how can you spend a few hundred and expect to replace your "DYNAUDIO" speakers?!?!" Although I've seen how...
  14. O

Thanks for the replies! These links are leading me down a rabbit hole for sure! They both look like great options and the BMR (especially) looks like a pretty easy build for a novice like me. Thanks for curating these ideas - I'd welcome any others as well!
  15. O

Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I've started getting my feet wet in DIY and am looking to take on my next project. I built an active C-Note based pair of speakers in gloss-white for the living room and an RPi + Tone DAC streamer using Plexamp and Plex to manage the...
Top Bottom