Search results

1. PDS

FS: Hifiman Sundara + Schiit Lyr 3

Last winter I was waiting for a pair of Magnepan LRS speakers to arrive. It ended up taking 5 months....About a month in, I bought a pair of Hifiman Sundara headphones, a Bluejeans custom cable, and a Schiit Lyr 3 tube hybrid dac/pre/headphone amp. I bought all of the items direct from the...
  2. PDS

Speaker wire recommendations

Currently, I use solid core wire. Basically, I split up some Romex and twisted the white and black wires together. Tinned the ends... Audio-wise, it works just fine. But I'm going to install my electronics in the basement, and I want to easily move my speakers back against the wall when I'm...
  3. PDS

Subwoofer amp suggestion?

I"m going to build an infinite baffle subwoofer to add some bass to my system. I'll be building a manifold with two opposed FI 18" woofers, with an opening in the floor. I'll be running the sub off of my Minidsp SHD. What do you suggest to get for an amp? I don't need any dsp in the amp...
  4. PDS

"Fast" woofers.

I'm considering adding some subwoofers to my system, which consists of LRSs, a Minidsp SHD, and an Adcom 535II amp. The system sound very good in my smallish room, roughly 11'5", 13'6", 8'6". The LRSs are a "fast" sounding speaker. There is very minimal resonance type artifacts. Many...
Top Bottom