Search results

1. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Yes, multiple separate WiFi guest networks by device class. The WiiM is on the same one as the Nvidia Shield TV, both devices with a low risk profile. Chinese IP cameras are on the most limited portion, and things like the Vizio Smart TV is blocked from everything by default, I enable access...
  2. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Most IoT devices cannot talk to each other (other iptables rules). And, yes, in theory you are correct, but in order for that to be a real issue, a hacked IoT device would have to know to look specifically for WiiM traffic and know what to look for. And I'm not sure how many hackers would be...
  3. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Love my WiiM Pro, works exactly as expected. I was going to set up a Raspberry Pi-based streamer, but I'm so glad I didn't. Even as an experienced RPi user and having set up similar systems in the past, the level of integration with music services and the user experience is orders of magnitude...
  4. R

Vintage loudspeakers specs search.

The best place to ask questions about old speakers is Audiokarma https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php If a speaker existed (i.e. not a white van ripoff), someone there will know about it and find the specs.
  5. R

TOPPING MX3s

I see this only now. I have a MX3s connected to USB and Coax respectively to two different computers. When the MX3s is on standby, as soon as I turn one one of the computers, the MX3s turns on and switches to that input, no matter what input was used last. If, on the other hand, I turn on one...
  6. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks!. If I understand you correctly, you are using the HASS integration to send commands to the WiiM, and ESPHome to process the commands from the remote (and forward to HASS).
  7. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

I have seen a couple of references to people using different remotes for the WiiM Pro. I'm assuming it means programming a device to emulate the WiiM remote using the right BTh profile and protocol. Here's another...
  8. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks everyone for the answers, I just placed an order for a refurbished unit directly from Linkplay. For just $99, I simply couldn't resist They have both the Mini and Pro refurbished, even if the Pro is down to the last one https://www.ebay.com/itm/125856946672. For anyone looking in the...
  9. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

First of all, thanks for the reply and the UHD/HD clarification. I was under the impression, though, that after all the changes, any Amazon Music subscription (aside from the lowest single-device tier) includes UHD music...
  10. R

WiiM Pro Streamer

Hello, I'm considering a WiiM Pro and I read most of the info on the forum (both threads), but I'm still not 100% sure given how much the firmware changes over time (a positive, just makes it hard to follow :)) I plan to do the following: Amazon Music HD on WiiM Pro -> coax/toslink -> SMSL...
  11. R

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I assumed that the data was taken from this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8320a-review-powered-monitor.23831/post-800610
  12. R

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Hello, I was looking for info on the 8320a (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8320a-review-powered-monitor.23831/) and I see this (**) I'm not sure why the that specific speaker is missing some info. Is there a way to add it?
  13. R

Genelec 8320a Review (Powered Monitor)

I was browsing a pawn shop for woodworking tools, and I left with a pair of Genelec 8320a in great shape. Things like these happen to me from time to time... They are missing the iso-pods, which can be found on B&H (unless someone here wants to sell theirs) Problem is, I only have digital...
  14. R

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

What would be a good power amplifier for the C200, at a relatively low price and with a balanced input? The PA3s on paper it looks like a good match, with a balanced input... I listen near field, very low volume using 5" speakers. I read that the PA3s, though, can have poor balance left/right...
  15. R

TOPPING MX3s

The Loxjie uses the ESS only for digital input, not for USB. As a USB DAC, it uses the limited Realtek ALC40. See also https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/loxjie-a30-usb-input-sound-worse-than-analog-in-solved.39731/ I use my AIO MX3 mostly as a USB DAC for my PC, so the...
  16. R

Topping MX5, A new device?

Thanks so much @gr-e really appreciated!
  17. R

Topping MX5, A new device?

That is really good and I was thinking of doing the same (I don't have an MX5 yet, just planning ahead) How did you find which pin on the IC to use as control for the relay? I'm not afraid to solder a thin wire on an LQFP48 IC, but I wonder if you had access to the schematic or how else did you...
  18. R

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Thanks so much, really appreciated. Alas, for me that's the main function of an integrated amplifier, not a bonus one. I'll keep looking :) For what is worth, that dialog box was from my Topping MX3. Not the greatest amp, but for low volume near field using USB as a source, still one of the...
  19. R

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Not promising, I have to say, but it all makes sense. If anyone has the AO200 connected to a computer, would it be possible to see what sampling rate and bit number the device supports? In Windows, it can be tested by going into the Sound settings, Device...
  20. R

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Does anyone know what is the USB DAC chip inside the AO200? Any hope to get a picture of the chip used?
Top Bottom