Search results

1. NoteMakoti

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

That's the Revel F328Be. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-f328be-speaker-review.17443/
  2. NoteMakoti

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Crossing my fingers for a price drop on these sometime soon. I'm too anal to run an EQ over the E3 every time I want to use it, but the $2k price difference is steep.
  3. NoteMakoti

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Sad to report that after trying the E3 and Stealth back to back at Canjam NYC, I still prefer the Stealth. I can't be helped. :facepalm:
  4. NoteMakoti

Ex-subjectivists on ASR

Soft objectivist, in that my ears still have the last say at the end of the day. I don't care how well something measures if it doesn't sound good, and I don't care how badly something measures if it still sounds great. There are a bunch of headphones with weird frequency responses that I love...
  5. NoteMakoti

Are we hitting a bump in the golden age of cheap audio electronics?

We have the DACs and amps we dreamed of 15 years ago when we were driving our iPods with altoid tin battery amps, but they're still far from perfect. They've got performance to spare, but the design and featuresets are still severely lacking. Part of the reason Topping and SMSL can get away with...
  6. NoteMakoti

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Mine won’t come until Friday; Amazon offered one-day shipping but I hate using Prime for small stuff like this so I didn’t bother. Now I’m kicking myself, the hype is killing me.
  7. NoteMakoti

I’ll elaborate on this further; I don’t really like the bass on the Truth Zeros. I think they’re too light. I prefer lighter highs, but I didn’t demo the u12ts long enough to know if I could live with that half of it, but I’m sure I prefer both it and the Zeros to the Blessing 2. I demoed more...
  8. NoteMakoti

For the record, I own the Truth Zero:2s, both blue and red. I only demoed the u12ts. They do indeed sound better. I’d put them over my Blessing 2s for tuning though, outside of edge cases.
  9. NoteMakoti

I want to find out, honestly. I remember many people debating this when the u12t and Truthear Zero were reviewed, and when I tried them both in real life, the u12t blew the Truth Zeroes out of the water. Maybe that's not special at 40 times the price, but ever since then, that's the dragon I've...
  10. NoteMakoti

Ooooh damn... Can't wait to try this out myself. This is a 1DD IEM too, right? EQing the bass up on the Truthears is kind of a pain, but if they come through clean on these it'll really be something special.
  11. NoteMakoti

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I loved the Stealth, but I could never see myself spending $4k on a headphone. This is at least closer to reality for me. Something I can maybe dream about one day.
  12. NoteMakoti

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

4 and a half stacks and the bass is still anemic, even with EQ? Nah, I'm Jamaican, I couldn't live with that.
  13. NoteMakoti

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

The lower distortion is the biggest deal for me; I honestly thought the original Zero didn't have enough bass, and trying to EQ that bit of the band at all was playing with fire.
  14. NoteMakoti

TOPPING EHA5

There are a lot of actually sort-of affordable estat amps coming out lately, along with interesting electrostatic headphones. (I'm really interested in the Dan Clark and Moondrop ones coming up.) Not a lot of faith in the Head-Case Stax thread, they've been burned by cheap Chinese energizers...
  15. NoteMakoti

People who switched your library from MP3 to FLAC how did you go about doing it?

You can automate a bit of the process with a really good Lidarr setup.
  16. NoteMakoti

Topping LA90 Discrete?

I'm guessing Amir is slow with the review because "Topping/SMSL products with perfect measurements and bat-ear differences between them" has almost become a meme at this point, so reviewing almost anything else would be a higher priority.
  17. NoteMakoti

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

When I tried them at Canjam I liked them so much that I was actually mad, lol. I was hoping they were overrated (or at least mild and boring) because they cost so much, but I ended up really enjoying them, and now they're one of my goal headphones. The Expanse didn't impress me as much, but to...
  18. NoteMakoti

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

He's the King Piccolo to Amir's Kami.
  19. NoteMakoti

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

Gonna be real with you, these did sound better -to me- than my Zeros when I demoed them. Maybe I just have it out for highs. The best thing about getting the Zeroes, aside from their being great IEMs in their own right, is I have something I can actually compare these frequency response graphs to.
  20. NoteMakoti

64 Audio tia Trió IEM Review

Wish I took the time to demo these yesterday because I'm not sure what the selling point is just looking at these. The u12ts sounded magical, and the Fourté/Fourté Blancs, while just okay-sounding, were pretty enough to double as jewelry. If I could confirm these sounded half as good as the...
Top Bottom