Search results

1. Hotwetrat

Since the Eris E5 XT were found to be quite poor by Amir

I was wondering, I find Audioholics generally quite good but I don't really know what to look for, they seem to give the Eris E8 XT quite a shining, objective and subjective review inc measurements https://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/presonus-eris-e8-xt/conclusion My curiosity...
  2. Hotwetrat

Understanding unity setting on active monitor speakers

I have the Eris E8 XT I get the basic jist of the unity setting I THINK but I am curious. Not that I could ever have it set there because I would be DEAF but, are these speakers actually designed to run set at 'unity' (mid way volume as shown in this pic) this is a pure head scratching...
  3. Hotwetrat

Would some one be kind enough to interpret this sentance from Audioholics

Hi, I recently grabbed 2x Eris E8 XT for a solid price. So far I am very impressed! Quite shocked really - for my listening scenarios anyway. So I have decided to get some speaker stands and set them up properly to do them justice. With regards to the listening height - I quote the excellent...
  4. Hotwetrat

The difference between the Denon 5200 and AKG K371

So if we are to put aside the tuning/FR and te BUILD etc etc. With regards to pure audio capability, can anybody isolate the actual difference between these £480 Denon 5200 (which I adore) and these £110 AKG K371 (which I also absolutely love) I don;t have the Denon 5200 to do a proper side by...
  5. Hotwetrat

I made that classic mistake....

When you look back in hindisght and realise you've spent 3 times more on the DAC/AMP then the headphones. I had a Topping E30 already which has been sitting in a box for a year or so, then decided to grab the Topping L30II - these pair with my AKG K371 which I quite enjoy even without EQ yet -...
  6. Hotwetrat

For Sale (UK) SVS SB1000 Pro

Selling purely due to moving. Both purchased from Richer Sounds about 1 year ago. Both in pristine condition, like new, been extremly well looked after, I live in a flat so they have been used completely responsibly and i am a mature user with no pets and no children.. Local collection only...
  7. Hotwetrat

FS: Yamaha AS-701 Like New (UK)

Hi, I purchased this AMP about a year ago and used it for a couple of weeks along with my Topping E30 DAC - it is a VERY good AMP, believe that and do your own research to confirm, but, I wanted something with Bass Mangement unfortunately, as I have 2x SVS SB1000 Pro and Dali Opticon 1 MK2 - I...
  8. Hotwetrat

What to make of something like this... ?

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/blog/how-run-speakers 2 thoughts/questions I have in my mind. 1) Can anyone not feel disappointed when reading this sort of thing on the website of a 'respected' brand such as CA. 2) The motivation bemuses me - we would usually just automatically assume...
  9. Hotwetrat

Would really appreciate some knowledgeable ASR opinions on the quality of amplification in the Yamaha A-S701 vs RX V2700

My speakers are a nightmare at 4OHM and 86db sensitivity. I have both of these amps at the moment and unsure which is a better option for driving my speakers in a 2.1 setup. Anyone who has noticed my previous posts will know I am absolutely delighted with the Topping and Yamaha A-S701 combo...
  10. Hotwetrat

What exactly is MiniDSP?

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how this would work for me if at all. The miniDSP 2x4 HD - I have no real idea exactly wth it is. My full setup is Source > Topping E30 Optical in > Yamaha A S701 > Dali Opticon 1MK2 and 2x SB1000 Pro subs. I am interested because form what I understand...
  11. Hotwetrat

Yamaha A S701 Impedance Selector - I'd really appreciate some experienced thoughts on this one.

As I want my whole meal.... (read on) Hopefully I have not blown up my speakers but I totally forgot about this and was happily listening away for a good couple of hours, I bought it second hand so never even occured to me to check the impedance selector switch... I have Dali Opticon 1 MK2...
  12. Hotwetrat

Can anyone recomend me a powerful amplifier for sensible price?

Hello. £200-300 (I can STRETCH this to maybe 400 MAX) I recently got a Yamaha AX596 from Ebay which was PERFECT for my needs - but 100% broken, can't be fixed. So back it goes. I am looking for an AMP which has this sort of power. Preferably a remote, unless there is zero sound quality...
  13. Hotwetrat

I feel guilty for being quite happy with this...

AIYIMA D05 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XZBCKJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have the SA300 which was WONDERFUL with my Concept 20, but since changing to the Dali Opticon 1 MK2 and finding out they really need a BEEFY AMP to get the best from them, I wasn't sure...
  14. Hotwetrat

Does using PEQ on Subwoofer cause delay?

Not sure if this is the best place to post but.. Does using the in built PEQ on my SVS SB1000 Pro cause any delay? It sounds to me like it adds some lag when I enable any of the 3 PEQ settings. Cheers.
  15. Hotwetrat

The difference between using the Topping E30 in pure DAC mode vs Pre AMP

Hi, The E30 I use in pure DAC mode, and control volume on my AMP. There is a pre amp mode on the E30 where you can control voume, with the remote I believe. May I ask, is there ANY negative to using the E30 in PRE AMP instead of pure DAC mode, and controlling volume with the E30 remote, with...
  16. Hotwetrat

Any thoughts on the Yamaha A-S501

Upgrade in power from the SA300. Got myself into a real mess with difficult to drive speakers and want to hear them at their best before I give up. It's a minefield. The SMSL DA-9 looks on paper to be absolutely perfect for my situation and is HALF THE PRICE! However it's untested and would...
  17. Hotwetrat

Douk Audio a10 / AIYIMA D05

Looking for some more power to use with harder to drive speakers.. Coming from the SMSL SA300. Anyone on here think this is worth a shot...
  18. Hotwetrat

I think I need more meat.

So I have the SMSL SA300 which is fantastic for my needs, I had this with the QA Concept 20, which apparently are easy to drive, and IMO wonderful speakers. I went and did something pretty stupid I guess, as I have been a fan of Dali speakers previously, I saw a good deal on the Opticon 1 MK2...
  19. Hotwetrat

Faulty SMSL SA300? Sub Out thuds when pressing mute.

I don't recall this happening previously but it probably did I will check. I have an RCA splitter from the SUB OUT to 2x SB1000 Pro When I press the mute button on the SMSL remote both the subs 'thud' kinda like a bass drum. This happens to a lesser extent while turning the unit off and on...
Top Bottom