Search results

1. O

Adding a sub to Adi-2 dac with Active Speakers

Would the following scenario work better. Since the RME is unable to adjust both Low and High pass filter from the different outputs? So would the following work?? Active Speakers High Pass Setting = 80Hz Subwoofer Low Pass = 80Hz or the volume control and sub might be an issue? Thanks.
  2. O

Another question, In regards to my Question 2: "Do i need to make any EQ changes from the RME ? " Since EQ is applied for both RCA and XLR. So everything that is EQed in low-end department will also be applied to the sub. since this is a issue, would the following rel sub over come this...
  3. O

Hi @VintageFlanker Thank for the feedback. in regards to question 2 - So because everything that is EQed in low-end department will also be applied to the sub does that mean it cant be done ?
  4. O

Help wanted to connect a subwoofer to active speakers. Active speakers are connected via balanced in the RME ADI 2 DAC FS Question 1: Can i use the unbalanced out of the RME to connect to the subwoofer low level in ? Question 2: If yes to question 1. Do i need to make any EQ changes from the...
  5. O

WTT my RME ADI-2 DAC fs for a Denafrips Ares II (or similar r2r) DAC.

Did you end up getting the Did you end up getting the denafrips Ares II ?
  6. O

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Hi, i was wondering what DAC you are you using??
  7. O

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Did you end up using the Freya plus with the Aeres 2 ? Very curious how it went
  8. O

Thomas your spot on. I emailed Topping and they said its not a good match and should be used with DACs with 200 or less ohms impedance.
  9. O

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review

i lo i look forward to your analysis !
  10. O

Pre 90 - Input Impedance Balanced - 2,000 Ω Unbalanced - 10,000 Ω Denafrips Areies II Output Impedance Balanced - 2,400 Ω Unbalanced - 1,200 Ω so for best impedance matching you would need to connect it unbalanced from the Aeries II into the Pre 90. The input impedance is higher than the...
  11. O

I email Denafrips in regards to the Pre 90 and the Ares II and they even though the impedance of the Pre 90 is a bit low that it still should be fine. Just curious where you heard that from?
  12. O

Yes AUD. The source is a denafrips Ares II DAC Denafrips Ares II DAC Unbalanced at 2.0 Vrms (1.2K Ω) Balanced at 4.0 Vrms, (2.4K Ω)
  13. O

S S Sounds great. will you be getting your hands on both ?
  14. O

The reason i am asking. In Australia the Topping Pre 90 Is $900.00 AUDand the Freya S is $1,100 AUD I just want to get my money's worth and was needing some assistance in making sure i get a good quality product for my money. And by the looks of the impedance differences is PRE 90 maximum...
  15. O

So what would be the better purchase? The Topping Pre 90 or the Freya S…
  16. O

Hi, Any advice would be good. I was looking into impedance compatibility and i was thinking if my current system could benefit from this Topping Pre 90. Or should i just leave it as it is? Current system Bluesound Node 21 Coax Out into a Denafrips Ares II and XLR out from the Ares II into XLR...
  17. O

Just wondering what gear you have it connected to ? Thanks
  18. O

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

Any advice. Would one rather get the Topping Pre 90 or the Gustard P 26? Here in Australia the prices. Pre 90 $900 AUD Gustard P26 $1000 AUD Simone is selling a GUSTARD P26 for $600. I think this is good value. or would one suggest waiting and saving for the Topping PRE 90
  19. O

Great feedback Paul. Thanks for clarifying. There is a lot if junk out there of disinformation. I had a good laugh when you said " I have witnessed people "hearing" a sound change because the colour on the front panel LED was changed from blue to red " thats a classic
Top Bottom