• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTT my RME ADI-2 DAC fs for a Denafrips Ares II (or similar r2r) DAC.

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Then why is it some reviewers refer to, as an example, one amplifier as "bassy" and another as not? Both serious amplifiers that were measured to be within 1 db.

iwantobelieve

Then why is it some reviewers refer to, as an example, one amplifier as "bassy" and another as not? Both serious amplifiers that were measured to be within 1 db.

Just off the top of my head one example of why this might be the case, in a speaker amp at least, is damping factor - if the amp isn't able to control woofer cone excursion as well as another, it might well be perceived as subjectively fuller in the bass department.

There are other ways in which amps react with the speakers, or headphones, which likely can have a subjective effect given a particular set of equipment.

Zensō

Major Contributor
Are there tools like APO that can distortion on the fly?
There are lots of VST distortion plugins that can be used systemwide when run inside a host like SoundSource. FabFilter Saturn is a good one.

ohnonate

Hi!

As the title states, I’m looking to trade trade my RME ADI-2 DAC fs for a Denafrips Ares II. Or a similar-sounding r2r DAC.

This RME is the newest version of the RME released last year with the upgraded chipset and upgraded remote.

If you have any question, please let me know. United States only shipping at this time, please.

Please tell me below when you PM. Also, I have tons of feedback on head-fi as well as /r/AVexchange that I can lead you to if necessary.

Thanks in advance!!

Time stamp:
View attachment 113412
Did you end up getting the
Hi!

As the title states, I’m looking to trade trade my RME ADI-2 DAC fs for a Denafrips Ares II. Or a similar-sounding r2r DAC.

This RME is the newest version of the RME released last year with the upgraded chipset and upgraded remote.

If you have any question, please let me know. United States only shipping at this time, please.

Please tell me below when you PM. Also, I have tons of feedback on head-fi as well as /r/AVexchange that I can lead you to if necessary.

Thanks in advance!!

Time stamp:
View attachment 113412

Did you end up getting the denafrips Ares II ?

Top Bottom