Search results

1. J

The placebo effect by Leland Sklar.

:D:D the sad reality, and that with people with teorically "trained" hearing... for the normal people is just like wizardy
  2. J

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

That price have already a 21% VAT added (the usual amount in Spain) i suposse you could get a discount in lower VAT countries...
  3. J

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

I was also unable to notice any hiss (with an older unit, but the new one just seems a rebrand anyway) with neither Akg, sennheiser or beyerdynamic headphones. Regarding the virtualization i found it very dependable of the headphones you use, for example with the sennheiser or beyerdynamic was...
  4. J

AIYIMA A200 Stereo Amplifier Review

That lower my opinion of the amplifier a lot, it would be better if they didn't add the crappy DAC that is almost a loss of 10dB.
  5. J

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

50% Off on the Monolith THX AAA Balanced Headphone Amplifier 887 (204€ and 199€ with the notice subscription, free shipping) https://www.monoprice.eu/collections/sale/products/monolith-by-monoprice-thx-aaa-balanced-headphone-amplifier-featuring-thx-aaa-887-technology-eu-uk
  6. J

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

The only ones that i use normally without EQ are the Monolith 1060, i tried to get used to the Oratory EQ for some weeks but get back to stock sound with those.
  7. J

What are the key characteristics for a good gaming headphone? (ignore the microphone)

Depends what you want from gamming, in my oppinion: Competitive gamming -> Huge soundstage for better positioning, clear separation, good mids and highs with recessed bass to better positioning and sound recognition Just fun factor gamming for shooting -> As much bass as possible and as low as...
  8. J

Best inexpensive setup for Windows

The option i choose on the workplace was a very cheap dac+headphone amp (a Fosi Audio DAC-Q4, slightly over 30€ from china) that connect via usb to use with a laptop with a terrible internal sound. That and an old Akg K550 that have in my house made the trick.
  9. J

Open-back recommendations at $350 or less

In mi humble opinion, my order of preference would be: 1st - Monolith m1060 (planar, slightly over 200€) 2nd - Hifiman HE400se (planar, close to 150€) 3rd - Akg 712pro (close to 200€) or Akg 702 (close to 150€) The Akg are the most portable and comfortable (due the weight mainly), Monolith and...
  10. J

Recommendation for an analog equalizer.

If the look is secondary i would recomend a Dbx231, you could get some very, very cheap. I'm using one and i'm very, very pleased with it. They are pro equipment (not hi-fi) but would give you better solution in my opinion. Btw, they are RACK mounted, not a problem (use normal conections and...
  11. J

What headphones sound the most like speakers?

In my opinion i have two gadgets that sound close to the speakers sound: - The virtualization tech of the Creative Super Xfi (the standalone portable DAC i think is called SXfiAmp, not the ones included in the headphones), mixed with a headphone that is in the database (like their own Aurvana...
  12. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Damm, i really think that i would be the only one that still use my old K550 (first version)... after several pads changes i'm still using them after nearly 10 years. I couldn't dedicate a lot of money to headphones but i still have several of them (nothing too fancy :(, my current headphones...
  13. J

Yep, that was the initial bundle. The Aurvana was a mediocre headset, very bad construction materials, cheap plastic and small size (well, im used to a Beyerdynamic Dt1770 and to an old Akg770 that both have nice hear cups) but at least very lightweight. What was surprising was the step ahead...
  14. J

Yes, all of three use the head and ear mapping (with the Pc headset you need first to make the mapping on a phone with an app, and then configure with the same account the driver on the Pc, it's not very user friendly) and i think that all of them where well configured, because i tried to use...
  15. J

Curiously that dongle was the best showcase of the technology, on it it worked flawless from day1 and with a severe improvement of the audio. After those dongle due the improvement of the audio i purchased also with Sxfi the Outlier Gold (even with the Sxfi tech in theory the improvement is not...
  16. J

I've the SXFI amp from release and used it with several phones LG G5 and G6, Huawei P30 and the last one is a Realme x2 Pro... it worked with all of them, the only difference is that with the last phones (and more modern) you need to activate the OTG option (previously it wasn't needed) before...
Top Bottom