Search results

1. Y

Audio-technica ATH-MSR7 Headphone Review

I have both MSR-7 and MSR-7b. Yes, MSR-7 have treble peak that effect to ear fatigue when listen more than 30 minutes. But that tonality good with J-rock and J-pop. I like to use MSR-7 to listen J-pop more than AKG371. And it's the most isolated for closed back HP around 200USD(also silent more...
  2. Y

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

I like R70x very much as it very light and easy to use for long session without hotspot such as to see/listen very long concert recorded(more than 3 hours, normal for Japanese concert). Frequency response graph very alike HD650 and better in term of bass distortion(HD650 also lacked in bass and...
  3. Y

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Are you use unbalanced connection to PA5 ?
  4. Y

I have su-9 + da9 + JBL stage A130 before changed to PA5 (I also have Aiyima A07 and PA3 not s) I think PA5 better in term of clean sound, no noise or hiss. And I found that da9 in direct mode have missing some instrument sound and I need to eq tone +3db treble to fix it. I don't know if it...
  5. Y

Topping MX5, A new device?

Waiting to see performance. Dac+power amp+headphone amp . You get it all in one.
  6. Y

Just received and test it. I connected with SU-9 via XLR(female) to TRS cable and speaker JBL Stage A130, amplifier power more than enough for listen loud 80dBA(measured with UNIT-T UT353 sound level meter) at middle range (3m). I'm not report subjective review as some may not want to hear it...
  7. Y

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Sound stage/ spatial quality very different (Sundara better, Arya the best). even if you eq them, it didn't sound the same. May be my ears is not right. But I own HE400SE v1,Sundara,Arya V2, AKG 371,R70x,HD650...All different sound and I used for different situation(casual ,listen to concert...
  8. Y

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

In my country HE400SE V1(or Chinese version) price is around 99USD and V2 (or global version) is 149USD, so you may need to caution what version that you ordered. V2 have stealth magnet sticker on the outer box. I have HE400SE V1 and Sundara.I think V1 best perf/value in price range but sound...
  9. Y

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Is it stealth magnet version? It should have sticker at the box.
  10. Y

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

I just curious that PA3s have enough power for JBL A130 or control-x or not? Now I used smsl DA-9 with JBL A130 and AIYIMA07 with JBL control-X. Should I waiting for the class AB with more power that @JohnYang1997 mentioned that topping will release later?
  11. Y

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I also have Asus Xonar Essense ST(Pci version)+H6 board. It's good for vocal song but I think it lack of bass and less detail when listen to song with complex instrument or noisy environment sound such as Pop/rock concert recorded. And driver is very bad for win10. When use ASIO mode it will...
  12. Y

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I used A30pro connected with SU-9 via XLR. But I did not heard any coil whine when I turn off and use passthrough TRS to XLR cable with JBL monitor speaker. However, I'm may be so old and my hearing decay. My PC also have many noise from 360mm close loop water CPU cooler and True-Online UPS...
  13. Y

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

Sorry, r70x is open backs. When you said you need for long session I think of r70x first. Then I forgot about your topic that you want only closed back for isolation. For close back that I used, both m40x and msr7/msr7b very isolated. It comparable with entry NC headphone. But for a long...
  14. Y

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

If you need to use headphone for long session. I think ATH-R70x might meet your expectation. Sound quite flat and detailed, very comfortable to wear for very long session. I favor to use r70x to listen very long concert (3-4hours). but I'm not sure about 8 hours. Only one minus, it quite power...
Top Bottom