Search results

1. T

Kef Reference Meta reduced prices when new model released question

KEF go on sale all the time… the LS60 weren’t even a year old before there was a 30% off sale which became permanent.
  2. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

New MSRP was just reduced to $5000
  3. T

Kef R Meta Series Release

Here was the main point for me: First of all, let me be honest. I was using the old R3, but I personally prefer the LS50 Meta. It's true that the R3 tends to be flat and has high performance, so it's suitable for reference, but there were times when I couldn't enjoy the rough sound sources...
  4. T

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

Going from tv speakers to a sound bar while playing yakuza on the ps4 was by far the biggest wow factor ever. Truly a wow moment that I’ve never recreated even with the jump from sound bar to 7.1.2.
  5. T

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

They get loud enough to drown out any other sound in my house…can easily put my kids’ mouths on mute.
  6. T

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

Maybe the testing is limited by Amir's equipment. Does his equipment cost more than the cables? If not how can he measure accurately when one costs so much more than the other?
  7. T

Why such a big difference in sound? (Speaker position)

Yea the Genelec guide is kinda what I had in mind. I have the speakers crossed at 80hz on the Audyssey app with a low pass filter applied, the same as before. I've been listening to all my go to songs for the past week and I just can't get past the way the sound extends so far out (and wide)...
  8. T

Why such a big difference in sound? (Speaker position)

So I've had the KEF LS50 Metas since February of this year and had them pulled out to the very front of my entertainment center to reduce any reflections from the entertainment center and side wall next to the speaker on the left (see pic) and I would pull them even further out when I wanted to...
  9. T

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Even 1 transfer every 2-3 years would be great ugh
  10. T

Wow... the room treatment just got more and more convoluted and ridiculous with only "some" improvement. Talk about trying to eek out some improvement on extreme diminishing returns...
  11. T

This is what I was trying to get at. Just play some pink noise like rew and give me a sense of what I'm getting from approximately the main seating position .... I don't want to buy an addition microphone and figure out more software just to get this.
  12. T

I would think it means you can buy it and play around with it like a demo mode but once you want to apply any corrections the license will need to be tied to a specific avr receiving the corrections files.
  13. T

It doesnt have to be that serious. We get a fake before and after in the mobile app we should get a more realistic before and after for $180 more in the desktop version. Doesn't have to be that precise and I shouldn't have to buy a separate microphone and learn a 2nd app to get the measurements...
  14. T

Why isn't there an option to test the changes made after eq'ing the system using the same test that measures the original frequency response levels?
  15. T

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

Just came across this on Reddit $1500 for a storage box with a huge McIntosh logo on it lol
  16. T

Timelessness… it might be the ugliest font/logo I’ve ever seen..
  17. T

McIntosh the logo is ugly…looks like it was drawn by a 5th grade wannabe gangster... doing graffiti/stussy lettering Klipsch can’t stand the look or the constant sales on slickdeals.
  18. T

I still can't believe I went for it and got the system I wanted and actually own these speakers. They are the perfect size for my space and sound incredible, especially when pulled away a few feet from the wall. My favorite part is going pure direct mode on the Marantz AVR bypassing the sub...
  19. T

Kef Q150 Bookshelf Speaker (review by Erin)

Erin replied to my comment on his YouTube channel regarding the resonance issue and said he couldn't reproduce it with his speakers. So that's good. I dissembled mine and didn't see anything wrong and put them back together and still had the same issue. So definitely returning them. One...
  20. T

Kef Q150 Bookshelf Speaker (review by Erin)

Already boxed the speakers up and will be returning them promptly. I was curious and played the song on the JBL a130s and nothing remotely similar happened with them either. I'm pretty stunned at my experience tonight.
Top Bottom