Search results

1. R

Which headphone amp?

And what about closed back headphones in the $200 range to go with the above amps? I listen to mellow jazz, classical and vocals. Not much hard rock. Thanks.
  2. R

Which headphone amp?

Just bought a Wiim Pro Plus and need a headphone amp for bedroom use. Using single ended headphones. I don’t see the needs for an expensive amp. Let’s say under $300. Thinking about Schiit Magni+, Magni Heretic (what’s the difference between these two?) or Midgard. Any other better contenders...
  3. R

Active Speakers

Do they sound like 110,000 Euros?
  4. R

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Are you using a separate preamp or is the volume control in the DMP-A6 sufficient?
  5. R

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Thanks. Here is a photo of the internals of the amp I purchased. Can anyone tell if the upgrade has been performed?
  6. R

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

i Just scored a Buckeye Purifi 1ET400A stereo amp in a white case on eBay. It looks brand new. I read in earlier posts that there were some issues identified by Amir in the measurements in his initial review of the 3-channel Purifi amp and that those issues were rectified. How can I make sure...
  7. R

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Has anyone compared this to I) the Gustard A26, or ii) Orchard Audio Pecanpi+? I need a streamer/DAC combination for a second system and would appreciate any thoughts re relative capabilities, build quality, performance, etc.
  8. R

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

Anyone? Also how is the A26 preamp section? Does the R26 also have a streamer/renderer?
  9. R

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

Who is authorized dealer for Gustard in the USA? I checked Apos and they don’t have this model. Wanted to make sure I buy from a dealer in the USA who will honor the warranty. Thanks.
  10. R

All in One Streamer DAC Amp

$699. Great deal: https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrn803bl-rb/yamaha-r-n803-2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html?srsltid=AR57-fDoeNya1bTFmAn20jsnD2P4vHLOo6qGFVc3L5PvdvOl_U7CCFTc6J8
  11. R

All in One Streamer DAC Amp

I’ve been using Dutch & Dutch 8Cs and love the simplicity of using my MacBook as a Roon core as the only source. But I have one pair of passive speakers left, Franco Serblin Accordos and wanted to set them up. Can anyone recommend an all in one (or close to all in one) solution to drive them...
  12. R

Active Speakers

Which fully active speakers sound and measure best to you? I have the Dutch 8Cs. I love the simplicity and efficiency of an all in one system and was wondering what is out there in terms of competition. My musical tastes have mellowed with age. Thanks.
  13. R

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

Which component is your new amp? And what speakers are you using? Nice setup.
  14. R

Dutch & Dutch office & factory tour and listening session (with many pics)

Do those of you who have them leave them powered on all the time?
  15. R

I am streaming Qobuz exclusively. I intend to invest in Roon and will likely sell the Lumin since there doesn’t appear to be a need for it with the 8Cs. Can you see any reason to keep the Lumin with 8Cs?
  16. R

Serial numbers below 2000 stream at 96 into a digital input. Serial numbers over 2000 stream at 192 into a digital input. Would this make a significant difference to you if you could save a few thousand dollars by taking a pair having serial numbers under 2000? Thanks.
  17. R

Would this optical to AES converter work to connect optical out from TV to AES digital input on 8C? https://www.studiospares.com/studiospares-red-507-toslink-spdif-aesebu-converter-465760.htm
  18. R

Dumb question but where does the optical from TV go if only input on Lumin is Ethernet?
  19. R

Seriously considering Dutch 8c. How would I connect a smart TV? I have a Lumin DAC-streamer which only has an Ethernet input. Thanks.
Top Bottom