Search results

1. J

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Often only input HDMI1 has ARC, is this the input you connected? Also sometimes HDMI can be picky on which component is powered on first.
  2. J

30 Rock's Tracy Morgan is evidently an ASR reader

Looks like a Mark Levinson No 532, is that the same amp as Amir's?
  3. J

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

I've got mine unboxed and slipped in the the BluOs module. Will be hooking it up later today.
  4. J

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Something I find amusing is that my nephews 16 and 19 will confuse music and fashion from the sixties and eighties with each other.
  5. J

Any vintage DACs worth owning?

I don't think anyone's mentioned Accuphase.
  6. J

Amplifier NAD 3020 measurements from Stereo Review: 1979

When I was in tech school around 1982 we had several of these for troubleshooting. The teachers would put blown transistors or other bad parts in them see if students could repair them. The reason they bought the NADs was because they were cheap and had better circuit boards in them. The cheap...
  7. J

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Well they say the best thing to happen when trying gambling is to lose your first time out. This can be an addictive and expensive hobby. I hope you don't totally give up though. You won't find too many snobs here who will look down on Apple. It can be hard to tell the difference between 320kbs...
  8. J

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Are you using YouTube as a source? The sound quality on there is ok but better equipment might reveal it's deficiencies more. I think DX3 Pro+ should be held on to, can't imagine you finding fault with its sound. Try to test out some other full sized cans, preferably without purchasing them. I...
  9. J

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

The first couple tests I thought I could detect a difference. By the fourth test I kept going back and forth and eventually gave up. It could be my old ears and modest equipment, or not.
  10. J

Stereo intergrated Amplifier - Recommendation for LS50 Meta + KC62

The NAD will be replacing an Emotiva XSP-1 pre, HK Signature 2.1 amp and Cambridge DACMagic Plus. The LS50 Metas replaced some B&W 683s. A Marantz CD player, Linn Turntable and Velodyne sub will remain.
  11. J

Well I just ordered one for myself. Hopefully it comes in when expected late Nov early Dec. It will be powering my LS50 Metas.
  12. J

The new NAD C399 with MCD2 module. https://nadelectronics.com/nad-launches-new-c-399-hybriddigital-dac-amplifier/
  13. J

Kef to announce new products?

Could be new subwoofers they've had a special on the Kubes in September.
  14. J

Upgrade from LS50's with subs

I bought Meta's but the GoldenEar BRX's were very good and and more dynamic.
  15. J

DAC + ADC as input selector for digital source and turntable: a conundrum?

Inexpensive phono-pre with optical out. https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/optical-box-e-phono/
  16. J

Who loves a good coney dog?

I had one of these a few years back tasted ok the first bite. I couldn't finish it though way too salty for me. About half the Sonics in my area have closed. I ordered a corn dog there once and it was a microwaved frozen one. :facepalm:
  17. J

Who loves a good coney dog?

My dad has loved family owned since 1928, Deluxe Coney Island in Duluth Minnesota his whole life. He would usually treat us on trips to Duluth to coneys from the late sixties till early nineties. Both my parents also loved family owned since 1954 Sammy's pizza right across the street. I remember...
  18. J

Preamps with DACs

Would like to replace my Emotiva XSP-1 with something of similar quality with internal DAC and smaller form factor. Benchmark has some units with DACs with analog ins but too expensive. Parasound has some candidates. Sources would be one turntable the rest digital. I have a phono pre but...
  19. J

ifi ipower X

Well that's logical but not scientific. I have an older DAC that's is probably equivalent to a current entry level model. One of the reasons I bought it and still like it is because it has three filters that can be changed and make an audible difference. Most current DACs seem to have just one...
  20. J

ifi ipower X

Wouldn't an entry level DAC be more likely to benefit from clean power? There's a lot of we didn't find anything in this instance so therefore it doesn't exist around here. Not exactly good scientific practice.
Top Bottom