Search results

1. C

When I worked for Garrard

I did the boiling water suggestion and soaked it for about 30 minutes. Most of the ripple was gone. I reattached it to the turntable and I could still feel a little bump and gently took some 300 sandpaper to the rubber edge while it was spinning and now there is no more bump. I’m considering it...
  2. C

Thanks for the suggestions. I found a pro ject debut carbon on Facebook for 150 last night and got it. I’m going to try my hardest to fix this one and give it to a friend. I’m going to try boiled water if that forest work I’ll try using a hole drill and make a clamp out of plywood and hit it...
  3. C

I found a z2000b at a garage sale and picked it up. It’s in remarkable good condition and only needed some routine liberating. It does have one problem I’m not sure how to fix: The pulley is driven by a rubber idler similar to the one pictured. It’s slightly warped on a small section of the...
  4. C

can one submit a pair of headphones for measuring?

They were made by wedgwood to celebrate his presidential victory. You can find one on ebay for around 75 bucks. Search for a combinations of wedgwood jasperware basalt Roosevelt. When I discovered them, I had to buy 2.
  5. C

Not a problem. He got back to me and we're going to try and meet up.
  6. C

The kit we bought, our current setups

I switched to projection when I bought my first house 7 years ago and I'll never go back to panel tvs.
  7. C

I live in Shoreline, not far from amirm and have a pair of sendyaudio avia. These headphones haven't had proper testing by anyone. There's one guy on headfi who measured them but advised that something was wrong with his kit at the time of testing. I'm genuinely curious to see how these things...
  8. C

Do Premium Headphone Cables Make an Audible Difference? Norne Audio Cable Review (video)

It's why the pros plate with nickel. It resists wear way better than gold and once you have bare undermetal showing, let the oxidation begin.
  9. C

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

That room filling sound Is what I miss about my old pair. I concur that it's reflected sound that makes them sound so big even with out much bass impact. My brother and I built these plywood wedges that we placed behind the speaker to project the sound up to reflect off the ceiling but the room...
  10. C

Sounds on Mars

The Perseverance will is equipped with two microphones and will be recording and sharing the sounds on mars. https://www.space.com/mars-2020-perseverance-rover-microphones.html Mars has an exceptionally thin atmosphere. I assumed this would mean that the sounds would be high pitched but so far...
  11. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

HD800's are a pair I have to try some time when headphone clubs start up again. I moved to seattle 6 years ago but haven't gone to a meet up yet. I had a pair of Hifiman he560's and that for a time was the end of the road for me and I've missed out on a bunch of cans.
  12. C

I definitely want to get a pair of sundara or ananda. I have not heard any of the lower ohm hifiman headphones. I might even go up to the arya if I find a used pair at the right price.
  13. C

Thank you. I am going to try that.
  14. C

I admittedly have not eqed them. They are from the original run when the k702 first was released. I was still using an oppo CD player to listen and mo3 was considered passé. I gave them to my wife for when we mix her music because I do love their midrange and soundstage which to me makes soft...
  15. C

The sound stage of the k702 is good but only for a dynamic driver headphone. It’s blown away by the 3 planar headphones I own regardless of their frequency response. The k702 have an embarrassing low end which is the origin of my broccoli comparison. They’re good for acoustic guitar and and...
  16. C

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

My first set of decent speakers were the original maggies. They started rattling and buzzing and I got rid of them but I miss them. These are cheap enough and I might have to pick up a pair and a respectable amp.
  17. C

I recently got a pair of Audeze LCD 3F I like them a lot. Adding a little EQ to the bass makes them my ideal headphone. I bought them as an upgrade to my Hifiman HD560 350ohm version. I also have a pair of sendyaudio aiva planar headphones. I bought them used on a lark because everybody in the...
  18. C

Case Study: Constant Beam Transducer Speakers in Commercial Project

There was no way for me to test it and the museum provides either no explanation for its effects or worse, highly questionable explanations.
  19. C

What are we listening to right now..

It was a scott walker kind of day.
Top Bottom