Search results

1. Chazz6

Microwave knocked out wi-fi to streamer. Solution found.

My Denon HEOS Link2 streamer receives from our router over the 2.4 GHz wi-fi band. When we run the ~1200W microwave, its radiation interrupts the stream. I pass on a solution I found. The router was set on Auto channel, that is, its firmware algorithm chose from channels 1 to 11 in the 2.5 GHz...
  2. Chazz6

Bypass the op-amp input buffer - only Audiophonics?

Lots of good Class D amplifiers offer selection of two or three gain levels, which I understand are achieved in the op-amp input buffer in front of the Class D module proper. But I see Audiophonics amplifiers that also offer the choice to bypass the op-amp buffer. This is attractive if your DAC...
  3. Chazz6

FS: Focal Aria 906 speaker pair

This offer is made in the San Francisco Bay Area for pickup, not for shipment. Here is the text of my Craigslist ad, where you can also see photos: The sound is natural, detailed, and musical. These speakers function like new. For appearance, the glossy sides have near-new sheen, the front...
  4. Chazz6

RME ADI-2 DAC FS significant versus JDS Atom DAC+ ?

The differences in specifications don't appear to be audibly significant. Has anyone heard both and got an opinion about what they heard? (The extra features of the RME don't matter to me.)
  5. Chazz6

Insert analog volume control or find DAC with digital volume control?

I would like to run my tube preamp, currently fed directly from a DAC, at a higher volume setting. Right now I rarely go past 11 o'clock on the preamp, so I do not hear a lot of what the preamp does to the signal, correct? The DAC has no volume control on it. Which is better: replace the DAC...
Top Bottom