Search results

1. B

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

He doesn't just swap out cheap parts for expensive parts. There is some design work involved. He tests the speaker and if it measures poorly, he will do a crossover redesign in order to correct the frequency response and he also makes changes to correct impedence problems. He thinks the higher...
  2. B

My bad, it was 2 other B&W speakers he took apart and found 5 cent parts. He said the particle board on one, 602 s2-$600/pair, was so thin and bad that it had a bunch of voids in it. It was a $600 speaker when new and of course got rave reviews from What Hi-Fi. B&W is all marketing and cozy...
  3. B

GR Research had a pair of these "Anniversary edition", "Speaker of the Year", speakers sent in to determine if they could be modified to improve their sound. He said they had the cheesiest, cheapest parts you can use in a crossover; he showed the crossover and the cheesy parts in the video. He...
  4. B

I and everybody that I've talked to who has heard the B&W, felt the same as you. It also proves that Steve Guttenberg needs to get his hearing checked! He clearly has very limited hearing in the high frequencies and it's probably why he also likes the Klipsch Cornwall's blaring away at him at...
  5. B

PSB Alpha P5 Speaker Review

A speaker company doesn't have to care how good a speaker performs. When their advertising dollars get them 3 page long love letter reviews; which is the best advertisement you can get. It will even get you speaker of the year. Stereophile is an absolute fraud.
  6. B

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Yeah he spent 12 years selling millions of dollars in audio gear. You don't get and keep that job for that long unless you are very good at it. I'm sure more than one person left Singer saying to themselves, that damn Steve is such a nice guy, he talked me into dropping 15k on that system. Damn...
  7. B

The one thing you have to always keep in mind with Steve is that he is a professional high end audio salesman and he's good at it. He is very likeable and I love the guy. I think he is sincere and I don't think is trying to purposely mislead people. Just always keep in mind that he is a...
  8. B

PSB Alpha P5 Speaker Review

JA has been playing this con at Stereophile for decades. I remember when he took over at Stereophile and that magazine instantly turned into a comic book.
  9. B

Steve, measurements don't matter, Guttenburg says the $8000 First Watt amp would really wake up these speakers.
  10. B

Could I use a a budget bookshelf speaker as an Audio Monitor?

Andertons in England has a pair of the KRK'S for about 280 pounds. You might be able to make a deal with them for less. If not, save up your money and also shop around, you may be able to get a better price. Good luck.
  11. B

Could I use a a budget bookshelf speaker as an Audio Monitor?

KRK Rokit 5 G4 has a new EQ App that appears to work well and suits your needs. Get at Sweetwater or someplace similar that offers a good return policy. Try them out and if you like them, keep them. If you don't, return them.
  12. B

Any recommendations on diy speaker build kits?

I feel extremely lucky that I got the best value bargain in all of audio. Shame he can longer make them. Although even if he charged $550 I'd still consider that a bargain.
  13. B

Bookshelfs or monitors with deep extension for less than 1000usd?

The best bass and overall quality of sound that I've heard from a 2 way design, at a reasonable price, are the Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Plus. It's the updated version of the Affordable Accuracy model. The designer is highly respected on this site. I own these speakers and they...
  14. B

I wanted to add that the tweeters used in this kit retail on Madisound for $102 EACH! You don't usually get this quality of a driver in $2000 a pair speakers. It's a Morel tweeter and it's the best sounding tweeter I've heard in any speaker that doesn't cost crazy money. When you fire these...
  15. B

The new Philharmonic Audio model, Affordable Accuracy + , is a kit I bought and put together a couple of months ago. It's very easy to assemble. The cabinets and crossovers are assembled for you. It took me about 1/2 an hour to put these speakers together. $350 a pair plus shipping. The law of...
  16. B

Triangle Borea BR03 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Triangle must have a whole $50 invested in a pair of these. Cheap labor, cheap parts and greed=globalization. Amazing what you can accomplish when you decide people don't matter.
  17. B

There are many speakers that will go whiz, bang, boom and elicite wow's and oooohs from the crowd on certain parts of some pieces or music. I compare those speakers to a baseball batter who every now and then hits home runs 500 feet and the crowd roars with approval. The only problem is he...
  18. B

Intentional or not, whether you call it a BBC dip or not, it's bad and a poor design. Debating over how it got there and what you call it is not going to change that fact.
  19. B

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review (video)

I have the new Philharmonic Audio AA+ and I guarantee you that at $350 a pair, it is twice as good as this $700 a pair speaker. Also the easiest DIY project you will ever attempt. The cabinets are sent to you complete, the crossovers are complete and all you have to do is put a little adhesive...
Top Bottom