Search results

1. Genkishi569

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

What a lovely wedding cake. Who made it? The guy from "Cake Boss" on TLC?
  2. Genkishi569

IEM soundstage

Agreed. I eq'd an iem that's extremely far from Harman to the Harman curve (+12-15 dB bass boost with a really slow taper to 100Hz, and giant treble roll off. It's a bassists monitor). Went from sounding underwater to a polar opposite airy open sound where the soundstage has actually "opened" up...
  3. Genkishi569

Music: how loud is loud? (video)

I'm definitely going to put some time aside to watch this video. I've been wondering for the longest time about my listening levels. I hope I can come away with something actionable especially since my left ear is weaker than my right ear. In an off-putting constantly noticeable kind of way...
  4. Genkishi569

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

I feel retroactively justified by this review. I bought the tambaqui just because it looked so good, and mostly out of trust that it would be good. After acquiring the tambaqui, I completely regret buying the chord DAVE. Their product pictures made it look interesting, but it looks more like a...
  5. Genkishi569

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

I recently bought a 64 audio U8 (used cause it's no longer available) with two free Apex modules (the m20 and m15). The entire impression here is based off of the M20 module sound signature because it's got more character compared to the m15. Give or take I shelled out 400 usd with shipping...
  6. Genkishi569

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I do agree that Mille has always been his own thing. Guy's whole brand marches to the beat of its own drum. To be fair to Mille though, I do own a few of his watches. They always feel great on the wrist because they're all extremely light. I just wouldn't recommend them to most people on account...
  7. Genkishi569

I originally had a comment about Casio's design deliberately doing away with the elegance aspect of the Royal Oak to maintain that rugged vibe they're known for, but I had edited it out just cause it felt out of place. Not at all surprised that you would comment something along that vein. I...
  8. Genkishi569

APx555 Audio Analyzer Unboxing

I've watched a few of his reviews. I never really got into his content cause he gave off a kind of smooth-talking, conniving slime ball vibe. P.S. Those impressions of mine were well before even his MQA video. I didn't even know there was all that drama that exploded here since MQA never really...
  9. Genkishi569

Well, ain't that the truth. Never met a woman who cared about things like that. And for my sake...I'd rather it stay that way. Watches are more of a personal enjoyment thing for me.
  10. Genkishi569

In all honesty though, Casio did a very good job replicating an amalgam of the Royal Oak and Royal Oak Offshore without throwing their G-Shock design DNA away so they have my utmost respect in that regard. It's practically a dead-ringer for the case RO bezel and case especially with the mirror...
  11. Genkishi569

E1DA 9038D Or NX4 For Audeze LCD-3

Based on the old measurements of the Topping NX4 DSD...it should be able to drive the LCD-3 from high gain (101db/mw @ 100ohms) since the HD650 (103db SPL @ 300ohm) is drivable with headroom to spare. Additionally, the Senn HD-650 has variable impedance depending on which frequency is being...
  12. Genkishi569

Audiophile "Impostor Syndrome" and Epiphany

So anyway, it occurred to me just an hour ago to try plugging my Hifiman HE1000 V2 into my Huawei P9. This is knowing full well that it was not going to sound anywhere near as good unamped. Ironically, the HE1000 V2 sounds loud enough and passable (like an HD600 with more air and crispy-ish...
  13. Genkishi569

Schiit IEMagni, Monoprice Liquid Spark. Any Differences in their DC Protection?

I managed to revive the O2 though my confidence in its stability has taken a hit. Swapped out the U3 and U4 op amps as advised and things seem to be okay. I'm pretty sure that the damage was caused by my Final Audio Design FI-BA-SST iems when I hooked them up to the O2->Mojo out of curiosity...
  14. Genkishi569

That's good to hear. Great feeling volume knobs are underrated as hell (Too bad that youtube channel that reviews audio equipment knobs isn't active anymore). The sentiment probably comes from my exposure to so many sublime watch crowns. People don't ever talk about the winding and setting...
  15. Genkishi569

The entire problem does actually move to the right channel since I have dual 3.5mm connectors for the hifiman...I basically just swapped the cables around and the all the problems went to the right channel (lower volume, loud crackling, buzzing, clickling). Also, yes, distortion is present on...
  16. Genkishi569

Thanks for the info. Chances are, I'll opt for monoprice. I did originally have the topping on my shortlist, but wasn't sure whether I'd get the updated version vs the version that was notorious for damaging headphones if I bought one.
  17. Genkishi569

Chord Company launches GroundARAY noise-reduction devices for your hi-fi separates.

I'm pretty sure Whathifi has a huge hard on (aka marketing bias) for British products so that combined with their history of being questionable makes the write up very suspect even before you start reading it. Haven't read the article yet (will probably read it just for funsies).
  18. Genkishi569

Why Are Audiophiles so Bound and Determined to Make Others Waste Money

Have to say, I take a stance that goes more in line of using the "tools" that both sides present me. Understanding the fallibility of my hearing, and how it is easy to trick my brain might not be a nice thing for people looking at facts, but it does allow me to actively make my subconscious...
  19. Genkishi569

My only headphone amp since I started this hobby almost a decade ago, the JDS Labs O2 amp, just died recently. Left channel got really weak, and started to cause clicking, buzzing, distorted sounds on my Hifiman HE1000 V2s. I initially thought the issue was with the stock cable cause when I...
Top Bottom