Search results

1. W

Recommend an Amp + Preamp for Revel F208 speakers (with DIRAC)

I'm getting a pair of Revel F208 speakers and would like to change my amp + pre while I'm at it. It looks like the NAD c399 checks all my boxes, but I am second guessing if there might be a better option out there that I'm missing. Here's my must haves: enough power (speakers rated for 300wpc...
  2. W

Audient ID4 mk II review

Hmm the SSL12 appears to have a high impedance mode but not specifically a low impedance mode, so not sure the standard mode would be low enough.
  3. W

Need a 2 in x 4 out audio interface with a great headphone amp - recommendations?

Hmm the m4 actually looks pretty ideal minus the headphone amp power. Maybe that plus a separate headphone amp is the move
  4. W

Need a 2 in x 4 out audio interface with a great headphone amp - recommendations?

Yes the topping units are very intriguing, but I'm not sure I can trust the brand yet in a performance setting.
  5. W

I need a portable audio interface for gigs, and I would like to also use it at home as a desktop headphone amp for casual listening - on Audeze mm-100 headphones which are 18ohms, 98db sensitive, and minimum power level >100mW (>200mW recommended). Along with the headphone amp, here are my...
  6. W

Audient ID4 mk II review

I need a new portable interface for gigs that doubles as a desktop headphone amp for daily listening. This unit fits all my needs. Would the headphone amp sound good with Audeze mm-100 which are planar magnetic but only 18ohms?
  7. W

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

The speakers arrived today, so just about 2 weeks transit, not bad. They were shipped DHL but delivered via USPS. No signature was required for delivery but luckily I was home. No customs charge!
  8. W

Ok, I bought them from MusicStore the german dealer. I called sennheiser USA (Neumann's parent brand) and verified that the warranty will in fact be honored, it applies internationally as long as they are an authorized dealer This import calculator says there will be no fees on this product...
  9. W

Here is the warranty language. Note there is a special section for Austrailia, it's probably best that you contact sennhieser AU to confirm. It looks like for US buyers the language is country agnostic but it must be from an authorized dealer, as usual. That said, the warranty isn't very strong...
  10. W

Ah! Import fees, haven't dealt with that before. Any way to calculate what I'd pay? A quick search seems like it may be a grey area?
  11. W

I see this german dealer has a great price on these and ships to the USA: https://www.musicstore.com/en_US/USD/Neumann-KH-120-II-Black-Promo-Set/art-REC100 Any reason I shouldn't buy from them vs a US dealer?
  12. W

Audeze MM-100

Just a thought but the 3k peak could have been a request of MM, as that's an easy range to push too hot when mixing.
  13. W

Audeze MM-100

From the head fi thread, it sounds like the polarity of the drivers is reversed, can anyone confirm?
  14. W

miniDSP Flex

Right something like that - I really just want to use it as my preamp with multiple sources plugged in...with DIRAC live.
  15. W

miniDSP Flex

Anyone think a Flex with more analog inputs is coming soon?
  16. W

Recommend an RCA input switcher?

Could anyone recommend me an RCA input switcher box? I need 3 inputs minimum. I'm considering ditching my preamp to use the new MiniDSP Flex instead, but I do need additional analog inputs.
  17. W

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

Has anyone compared these to the JBL LSR305P?
  18. W

Recommend me the best stereo amp under $1000?

My b&ws are definitely a bit brighter than neutral, though much less bright than the modern b&w speakers I've heard recently. I'd love to experiment in with eq more, but it's not possible in my current setup. What I did instead is run everything through a Don Sachs tube preamp (ASR collectively...
  19. W

I'm aware I probably won't hear a difference, but the more I hear about PS audio, let's just say I'm not a huge fan of the company. Also looks like I could pocket a couple hundred dollars difference vs the equivalent Buckeye amp.
  20. W

I wouldn't mind a more powerful amp just to future proof for any other speakers I have down the road as well.
Top Bottom