Search results

1. jerm_ph

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I just tried it with my Sony TV and phone. The range with TV is terrible - just around 3-4 meters at line of sight. With my phone, the range is better. No dropouts at around 10-12 meters with some obstruction. I haven’t tested the maximum range though.
  2. jerm_ph

Sounds warmer. Doesn’t sound clinical at all. It doesn’t have the typical ESS harshness. The DAC chip in it can finally compete with the velvety sound of DAC chips from other manufacturers! Just kidding… Seriously, it drives my HD6xx really loud even at medium gain. I haven’t use it yet with...
  3. jerm_ph

For the cable, I am using JCALLY OT03 I have ddHiFi MFi06 coming. This may be better in terms of quality. https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/545951.html For the sticker, I am using Nillkin Snaphold...
  4. jerm_ph

I just got my G5. Mine is not the "lightning version". I will be using it on my desk most of the time. I am using it with my iPhone 13 mini using a lightning to USB type C cable commonly found in SE Asian online marketplace. I attached a "MagSafe compatible" sticker on the back of the G5 so that...
  5. jerm_ph

Most of what I listen to is 16/44.1k I will STILL buy the G5 because of my use case BUT… I believe that manufacturers must prioritize achieving the ff 1. 20Hz-20kHz flat freq response. I can’t hear anything beyond 14-15kHz but OTHERS surely can 2. SINAD of 100dB or so whatever value is proven...
  6. jerm_ph

Users of iphones with magsafe may use this magsafe compatible sticker https://nillkin.org/smartphones-accessories/apple-phones-accessories/apple-iphone-5-180/nillkin-snaphold-magnetic-sticker If your phone dont have magsafe, you may also use SnapLink + SnapHold...
  7. jerm_ph

Topping G5

Could be with its driving capability
  8. jerm_ph

Topping G5

I set my expectation lower for a portable dac/amp combo. I’m not expecting it to be within the top-10 of THD-N ranking list. Still solid specs for me. Not TOTL but solid.
  9. jerm_ph

Topping G5

I just stumbled upon this https://m.facebook.com/topping2008/photos/pb.100063529331801.-2207520000../5625142760829870/?type=3 Looks like a solid portable DAC/HP amp I also found a manual. Specs is solid as expected...
  10. jerm_ph

Unusual power issue with Schiit Heresy.

Glad to know that Schiit is doing something about the issue. I hope they look at it more closely. Just want to share. Someone on Reddit reported that his Heresy "blew up" on him. The company sent him a new Heresy but that new amp "blew up" on him again. (2) Schiit Heresy "blew up" on me, TWICE...
  11. jerm_ph

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Headphones: Ananda (Home office) HE4XX (Daily driver) HD6XX (Bedroom) HD58X (Gaming) DT880 600 ohm (Reference) DT770 250 ohm (Work office) ATH-M40X (First quality phones) IEMs: FlipEars Aisha Pro CIEM, Brainwavz B400 (reshelled by FlipEars) Campfire Audio Polaris 2
  12. jerm_ph

Topping USB Input/Windows 10 Issue - Possible Driver Issue

I've also read from other forums the same USB DAC failures from other manufacturers as well and they are all XMOS based.
  13. jerm_ph

Topping USB Input/Windows 10 Issue - Possible Driver Issue

Long time lurker, first-time poster here. I also own a DX7 Pro. It was purchased more than a year ago and was very happy with it. USB input was working on my Win10 and Win7 machines and android phone and tablet. Then, it suddenly stopped working with all of them (Win7/10 PC and android devices)...
Top Bottom