Search results

1. T

RME ADI-2 DAC vs Pro for Genelec

@Zenek73 I went with the non pro RME Dac in the end. It was a while back now but if I remember reading something from Genelec that stated there was no audible difference so it made sense to me to save the money. Really happy with them, I think that’s me set for life.
  2. T

Yeah, I guess the 'loudness' question is one I would have to answer by testing a unit. I'm not sure if I need it, but from having read the posts on this forum its something that would make sense for 80% of the time I listen due to the volume I tend to use. The speakers sound amazing so nothing...
  3. T

Thanks for your help, much appreciated! I'll do a test first and then if I hit any issues I'll dive in and see if I can hook up the AES board - always good to try something new.
  4. T

I don't. I was considering it but think I can use a coax to AES cable as its a short run. The only other issue I might have now is that I lose analogue outs to run my Stax, but I might just run them from the current dac. So optical out to the dac to run the stax and then HDMI to coax to the...
  5. T

Great cheers! I think if I go with this option I can run coax to AES out of the box as I'm not confident to DIY and then go with the remote. The only thing its missing is the 'Loudness' control the RME offers - I guess for that the best thing would be to try a unit and see if its worth it - the...
  6. T

Thanks @linuxfan Thats really useful info and cheers for the links too. Am I right in understanding that the TV would do some kind of conversion from the Apple TV then? and thats why its better to take the audio direct from the HDMI?
  7. T

@Purité Audio have you been able to do a side by side comparison with the ADI-2 and Pro? From everything I've read there appears to be a slight difference in sound between the analogue and digital outputs.
  8. T

Hi Guys, I have a pair of 8341s and and a 7350 via GLM, currently running from a Soncoz LAQXD1. I am running balanced out from the Soncoz with Apple TV as an input via optical from my TV. The setup sounds amazing and works well. However I would like to get remote volume control and as I listen...
  9. T

Big day out! Genelec fans!

Thanks Keith! I will put it on my short list
  10. T

Big day out! Genelec fans!

It sounds like an amazing trip! thanks for the write up - which RMe ADI do you recommend please Keith? From what I can see the pro one has a digital out that could feed AES? or is the recommendation to use a coax to AES cable? Do you then need the Genelec remote to control volume?
  11. T

Genelec 8341AWM paired with MiniDSP SHD

I can't answer the above but I'm in the same position as you Sparky. I just got the 8341s and 7350a Sub. I need multiple optical in as I have to split the audio out of my Blu-Ray player separately from the TV so I can use my projector as well and also add my PC into the mix. From what I...
  12. T

Genelec 8351B D&D8C Hedd Main Towers

That must have been an amazing listening session! amazing selection of speakers. If you still have the Genelecs would it be possible to bring them on the week of the 17th? They were on my list too but I can't find any locally.
  13. T

Share your in-room measurements?

I re-measured the Meridians as I didn't do separate left and right the first time around. I also might have had the centre channel active.....at least this time I know I didn't! Below is the average of 12 measurements. I'm trying to figure out how bad or good these are, they seem to be quite a...
  14. T

Thanks Vuki, now updated with the scale corrected. I need to double check these weren't using the centre speaker as well as the processor has a number of different room modes and I can't remember which was active. It will be interesting to see what kind of difference things like Meridians...
  15. T

This is the first time I taken a measurement with REW, I got a UMK-1 mic and gave it a shot - this is the graph I got once calibrated. I'm still learning how to read these so I'm sure there is some tweaking that could be done to improve things. Its for a pair of Meridian DSP 5000s
  16. T

Genelec 8351B vs Mesanovic RTM10 - AB Test Preparation

This thread has been great! I'm hoping to do a similar test with 8341s or 8351bs if I can find any, the RTM10s and GGNTKT M1s (the later two thanks to Purité Audio ) vs my Meridian DSP5000s at the end of lockdown. I'll make sure I make a thread to let you know the outcome - I'm not very...
  17. T

Meridian active loudspeakers

That's really helpful, thank you. I will investigate a bit further by looking at ARTA and the Behringer seems like a great option too - it would be interesting to compare what the G68 does vs the Behringer. As I'm still really new to the science of all this the room correction applied by the G68...
  18. T

Meridian active loudspeakers

I've got a set of DSP5000s and (non dsp) M33s. To me they both sound amazing, and I can't really fault them. However I've been following this forum for a while and just joined in fact to reply to this. While they sound great to me I'd like to have more objective data to guide my choice about...
Top Bottom