Search results

1. M

Which Vintage Integrated/Receiver?

Thanks to all for responding. Definitely helpful!
  2. M

PS - that’s also why I’m not asking on audiokarma. Great community but they seem to have more entrenched subjective biases I don’t see here on ASR.
  3. M

People who have worked on these units and/or know them technically have a different perspective than I might otherwise. John’s one of those guys I’m guessing, and if there are others it would be interesting to hear from them.
  4. M

I see your point 100% but if all I had was the 326, I might grab something a bit better, like a Rotel, possibly Yamaha, if the right opportunity arose.
  5. M

Nice - thank you, John. The fluoroscan is still pretty bold and bright incidentally. But assuming they all go, then what beyond the NAD 326? I wonder if a current Rotel is something you would support?
  6. M

Thanks. The 8800 is a gorgeous amp. The 9800 gets more respect all around, of course, but those that know their innards (which are similar) tend to be pretty divided on that series of amps.
  7. M

Check to all of the above insofar as service. The units are tip-top.
  8. M

Thanks. Not too worried about the tuner aspect. Also not too worried about power, as I tend to listen at moderate levels, but it’s certainly a factor in how many people would respond. As for the MAC, yeah it’s got the rep but I don’t know that it’s favored vs say the Pioneer, which I believe...
  9. M

Understood but I’m not asking for someone else to choose, just what the more experienced folks feel/think. These are pretty well-known units and if there’s one thing the testing in ASR reveals, it’s that there were some pretty good designs used in the past, and some pretty good stuff inside.
  10. M

Hi Everyone - I know this may strike some as an annoying topic, but I know there’s a still a fair amount of knowledge if not appreciation in the ranks for these units, and could use a bit of feedback. Below is a list of units I own and have accumulated. Simply put, I’ll be in a transitional...
Top Bottom