Search results

1. M

PC Motherboard ROG SupremeFX7.1 (DAC ESS® ES9023P) versus Audioengine HD6 (AKM AK4396A DAC)

I assume the DAC in the HD6 speakers is the same as the Audioengine D1 DAC (I can not find any confirmation of this on the audioengine website). So I guess this should be better than the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero DAC...
  2. M

PC Motherboard ROG SupremeFX7.1 (DAC ESS® ES9023P) versus Audioengine HD6 (AKM AK4396A DAC)

OK, I understand the analog connection could potentially add analog distortion like ground loop or other forms of electrical noise (so it's not called jitter). So to conclude: it would be better for me to use the toslink optical connection over the analog connection as this is a better...
  3. M

Correction: the above is not to eliminate 'Toslink jitter', but to eliminate (potential) jitter from the analog connection cable to connect from the PC soundcard to the speakers. So it is probably better to use the integrated DAC from the speakers using the Toslink (optical) connection to...
  4. M

Guess I just have to wait than till I get the new PC and test both connections to the speakers..
  5. M

From the Audioengine HD6 speakers I can not find to many detailled tech spec's on their website. I guess the HD6 have the same integrated DAC tech spec's as the Audioengine D1: https://audioengineusa.com/product_tech_specs/d1-24-bit-dac-headphone-amp/
  6. M

Q: What is the quality of this stage? A: This is only what I can find in the tech specs on the ASUS website of the audio from the motherboard: ROG SupremeFX7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, up to...
  7. M

So what whould you recommend in theory taking the above in consideration: should I 'technically' get better audio quality if I connect the speakers with the motherboard DAC (ESS ES9023P), or connect to the Audioengine HD6 speakers DAC (AKM AK4396A) using the Toslink optical connection? FYI - I...
  8. M

Via Toslink it is possible to use the EQ for adjustments you say. So a Toslink (optical) connection using the Audioengine DAC should probably be the best option right?
  9. M

Thanks, so to conclude: considering the above audio quality difference between a 32bit DAC and 24bit DAC is beyond human hearing sensitivity. Connecting via toslink to the Audioengine HD6 DAC will probably lead to the best audio quality!
  10. M

For gaming I understand the limitations in bit rate. Should 'in theory' the above specified 32bit DAC not be better than the 24bit DAC for high quality audio?
  11. M

I just bought a new PC with a ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard that includes soundcard: ROG Supreme FX7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC with DAC ESS® ES9023P. And supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback. Now I also have the Audioengine HD6 spreakers that include a AKM...
Top Bottom