Search results

1. Hemi

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

The difference is that the MS6R is a simple passive selector, and MS6A has an active circuitry with a separate headphone output.
  2. Hemi

Coleman Audio is a US brand. I haven't tried the LS3, but I own the MS6R. It's built like a tank and has no crosstalk between outputs.
  3. Hemi

I've tried several input switchers. The only selector I found that didn't have such cross-talk issues was the Coleman Audio MS6.
  4. Hemi

Is the Benchmark HPA4 still worth it these days?

Is the HPA4 pricey? Yes. Is it heavy? Yes. Is it a top performer? Not anymore. But there aren't many headphone amps that can be mounted in a rack. It was a big selling point for me.
  5. Hemi

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

In 2021, I sent my Flux FA-12 to Amir. You can read the review here. I now own the Volot – their flagship. It weighs like a tank and produces 16 watts per channel @ 32 Ohm. I love this monster!
  6. Hemi

I know – the colors don't match :p
  7. Hemi

There's no universal right or wrong. Options are good – they keep people choosing.
  8. Hemi

Topping A90 Discrete, what is this new version not available in the topping website ?

Yay! The A90D became available. I just placed an order. The specs are very impressive.
  9. Hemi

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

I use the Flux Volot to amplify the Susvara. This headphone amp was designed to meet the power requirements of the Susvara and other demanding headphones like the Abyss 1266. 600Ohm: 1W RMS per channel 300Ohm: 1.7W RMS per channel 32Ohm: 16W RMS per channel
  10. Hemi

The rack sits on my desk within easy reach. I listen to headphones most of the time, so I don't need the RC for the switcher.
  11. Hemi

So far, it's the best sounding headphone amp I've owned.
  12. Hemi

A/B listening tests is part of my hobby. I'm glad I've found the switcher that doesn't have crosstalk issues. Its price is the only drawback.
  13. Hemi

I'm not an electronics engineer but I think poor isolation in such switchers affects the source signal, because when it bounces back and forth between all the inputs/outputs, it pollutes the active channels.
  14. Hemi

Low level crosstalk, in my understanding, is something that cannot be picked up by the human ear. Both Nobsound switchers I own (3in-1out & 3out-1in) have the crosstalk that I cannot call "low level." The signal bleed is so strong that I can easily make out each single word in the song lyrics...
  15. Hemi

The one reviewed here is hard to beat only in terms of crosstalk between outputs. More about that on page 7.
  16. Hemi

Is there anyone who's tried the switchers from Mapletree Audio? They are custom made, but the price is not crazy high. I'm wondering if they're noise and crosstalk free.
  17. Hemi

If it is as well-made as their MS6R, than it could be a good space/money-saving option. Not for me probably, because my audio chain was built with XLR cables, so I would have to replace almost all of them.
  18. Hemi

I think the people who design and build such switchers should conduct more thorough testing. If it's designed to be a hub for multiple input/output devices, why do they only test one input/output at a time? I hope @amirm can retest this unit and revise his conclusion. I personally would not...
  19. Hemi

I have a question about the MC103-Pro and input/output switchers in general. I own two MC103-Pro: 1-in-3-out and 3-in-1-out, but I don't use them anymore since I've noticed crosstalk issues with both units. I had 3 headphone amps connected to the 1-in-3-out unit and could hear music playing...
Top Bottom