Search results

1. J

Opinions on Focal 1000Be In-Wall Published Measurements

Thanks for the info. Personally I'd use 3 of the same speakers so could use a non MTM design for LCR.
  2. J

Opinions on Focal 1000Be In-Wall Published Measurements

https://www.dynaudio.com/custom-install/overview/in-wall. Another option ?
  3. J

Help me choose a pair of monitors (budget max €3500)

You should measure the speakers ( L+R ) one at a time. The dip shows you have massive bass phase cancellation due to reflections in your room. This hasn't changed when you changed speakers , just that the freq is different. You don't need to worry too much about a calibtrated mic. Adding a...
  4. J

you should try the sub in a corner , slightly away from the wall pointing into the room . The sub currently will be suffereing the same phase issues as the main monitors so won't be filling in any of the freq gaps. At this stage you should start being a bit more scientific with you issues and...
  5. J

Also, check out REW software and look at the 'room simulation' mode. An easier way to see how the room will sound with speakers in different positions.
  6. J

If I were you I'd join the Facebook group - room acoustics : Absorption, discussion and soundproofing by GIK acoustics. Another very good resource for helping sort room acoustic issues.
  7. J

Have you tried the Bass traps at the rear of the room ?
  8. J

Assuming your using XLR cables. Probably a bad connection on one of the polarity of the XLR. Are you using neutrik XLR connectors? They are the best. Possible that a solder connection has come loose - you can open up the connector for a visual inspection.
  9. J

After your experience I was encouraged to upgrade and last weeked I bought 3 x Quested S8 (v2) for my studio setup. I have been looking at upgrading for many years and a rare opportunity to buy 3 of them presented itself. There was an ex- display pair in a music shop and i found a single on...
  10. J

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

on your point about professional monitors vs audiophile speakers. In my experience there is a difference between the two types. However, in general when you move up in to better speakers in general you just start to hear more problems with poor quality source material which can make some things...
  11. J

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

What does the rest of your space look like ? I'd suggest re assigning some of your very healthy budget to room treatment so you can get the best out of anything you buy. if they have to be on a desk get some desk isolation stands -...
  12. J

Why not spend the £500 on room treatment to help get the best out of what you already have ? The room is causing your sound issues. I have focal CMS65 in my home studio. It's a treated space with various diffusers and bits of furniture. There is loads of bass from them at the back of the room...
  13. J

If you can't afford the room treatment by keeping them , then send them back and spend the money on treatment and a subwoofer. Your experiencing these issues as the neumanns are producing more bass than your previous speakers , but its just highlighting the flaws in your room. Quested will...
  14. J

I'd duggest running some constant band limited pink noise from REW designed for subwoofer calibration ( not too loud ) as a contant source. Or Pink noise with 24bd low pass filter set at 200Hz from your DAW so you just get a rumble. Then just move around a bit to listen to what the bass...
  15. J

I'd suggest you set the room up with the geography you want and then fix the acoustics around it. Bass elevation at the back of a room that has no treatment is to expected. That isn't the optimal listening position though. Unfortunately your room mode cancellation seems to be right where you...
  16. J

In one of your earlier posts you mention that at a certain postition in the room the bass was overwhelming. I'd say that is the best ratio of speaker / wall / desk position you should be sitting in. At that point you can then tweak down the bass using the controls on the speaker. It's better...
  17. J

Hi, A couple of things that may have been mentioned but I'm just skimming this thread. The one thing to hold onto is that you've bought a great pair of studio monitors. It will take time for you to adjust to a new set of speakers and to understand their benefits. As someone else said , monitors...
  18. J

Loxjie D40

Does anyone have any experience with a Loxjie D40 ? http://www.loxjie-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=159. It looks great , has the functionality I'm lookng for but I can't find any reviews on it. I'm guessing its a new product ?!
  19. J

Dynaudio Core 47 vs HEDD Type 20 MK2

This is a review I'm looking forward to. I demod some 47s but didn't have them long enough to do any measurements.
Top Bottom