Search results

1. W

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

In the end, I think a product should be judged in its optimal configuration, and that is, with the grille on in this case. I guess I'm too used to TV reviews, where they try out the various preset picture modes, and then also manually calibrate the TV using a colorimeter, and adjust using the...
  2. W

It seems like a miss that it wasn't mentioned in the manual to leave the grilles on. Normally if you bought them at a dealer, the dealer should pass on this information if they are knowledgeable about the products they are selling. I feel a reviewer should at least know how to configure the...
  3. W

Disappointed that the speaker wasn't measured with the grills on, which is the intended design according the Peter Comeau. From the one on-axis measurement that Amir showed, it doesn't look bad at all. It still may be bright but it should sound much smoother with much less diffraction going on...
  4. W

WiiM Amp discussion

yes I agree. The other companies like Topping etc, offer fragmented standalone devices, whereas I can see Wiim as having more of a complete eco-system and has integration among a whole lineup of devices. It might not be long when we see soundbars, even TVs etc that have their technology...
  5. W

WiiM Amp discussion

They are a solutions provider, but they seem to own and manage wiim. I guess the point is: this is not the same kind of company like we see with Topping, SMSL, Aiyama etc...they have a US support number and address. Probably the engineering could be and is likely offshore, who knows.
  6. W

WiiM Amp discussion

I was reading the above replies..........uh.......wait a second...... Wiim is Linkplay Technology.....here's their "about us" https://www.linkplay.com/aboutus
  7. W

Upgrading from Soundsticks

I would get Wharfedale 12.1 if passive.
  8. W

Upgrading from Soundsticks

you want passive or active? Big range of different speakers you have there. How much bass extension do you want? Vanatoo would be a good multi-use speaker connected to a computer.
  9. W

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Seems like a well engineered set. But mostly you wouldn't ever buy these for $7K. KEF's sale prices should be considered regular price because they will go on sale again and again like clockwork. They keep playing these pricing games to make it seem like you are getting a great deal.
  10. W

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

Sorry, I made a mistake in my post.....I was referring to the WiiM Amp....not the WiiM Pro. The Amp has a speaker amp for passive speakers, the WiiM Pro just has line out Specifically this product https://www.wiimhome.com/wiimamp/overview
  11. W

Personal experiences with small ~4" desktop speakers and subs?

Have you considered something like the Vanatoo line? They have some DSP controls built-in, and reach pretty deep for their size (passive radiators)
  12. W

Absolutely. Passive speakers don't have built-in obsolescence.....they can go on for decades without needing to be replaced. No need to rely on an App to control it or configure it. LS 50 Meta would be awesome choice.
  13. W

I would go with a Wiim Pro amplifier, and choose some good passive speakers. In terms of ease of use, this is excellent because 1) It has a HDMI ARC port. That means the TV's audio can be routed to the Amp/Speakers. The power and volume of the Amp is controlled by the TV's remote (using HDMI...
  14. W

WiiM Amp discussion

This is a game changing amp. It seems there are more and more amps supporting HDMI ARC.....combined with streaming support with a current DAC chip, and just enough power for the average room. I hope the measurements are at least as good as the Fosi/Aiyama type of amps. If so, you have a winning...
  15. W

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Vanatoo Transparent Zero Plus (was reviewed by Erin as "good desktop speaker") is on sale for about 10% off Not a big discount but this seems to be the only time it's discounted. $400 USD https://vanatoo.com/shop/speakers/transparent-zero-plus/ $550 CAD...
  16. W

I thought it was a misprint. I'm sure it's a well made 50W sub :) For about the same price, I would more likely get a 1000W Kali WS-6.2 (was reviewed by Erin)
  17. W

I almost bought the 8010 Genelecs last year when they were $399 regular price...but I see their regular price is $499 now....inflation! But $329 is probably as good as we'll get.....they rarely go on sale The problem with the 8010 is that you indeed need a sub....the Vanatoos have servicable...
Top Bottom