Search results

1. B

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Bloodywood - indian metal band
  2. B

Music: how loud is loud? (video)

Great video - way more valuable than gear review. How does that information relate to choosing headphone amplifiers? Should we look at power requirements for 100-120 dB peaks or the average volume we listen at?
  3. B

Do my Sundaras need more power or are they just faulty?

My comparison is sighted, I don't hear the difference in bass at a lower volume. Another thing that comes to my mind is that the amp may not be getting high enough voltage to reach advertised power, but that shouldn't be the case with integrated dac/amp.
  4. B

This looks similar to what I report here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-amp-dac-combo-to-power-sundaras.19230/post-641445. Is it possible that an increased demand for power is not satisfied by the amp instantly but after a delay during which the voltage drops?
  5. B

I can not be convinced that break-in does not happen because of my previous experience with headphones that had a change in sound so sudden and substantial that I remember them after more than 10 years. As for evidence for break-in - I found this experiment...
  6. B

Burning in is in the HiFiMan Sundara manual, so the manufacturer does think it's needed and doesn't do that. I don't know why, probably it's the extra cost. You don't have to leave them playing 24/7 - just use them.
  7. B

You need to burn them in before making any assesments. The manual says 150 hours.
  8. B

My prodigy cube was too weak for the sundara. I don't remember any problems with soundstage but the bass was very muddy and bloated. On a Topping A50s balanced there is a night and day difference eg. Royksopp's "Sombre Detune" sounded like a tar pool on the cube and on A50s the bass notes are...
  9. B

Spotify with DSP - all ideas welcome!!!

I'm not sure if i understand the problem correctly, but using parametric equalizer and crossfeed with Spotify is simple. In Linux I use Pulse Effects and in Windows - Equalizer APO.
  10. B

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Gianna Nannini - Meravigliosa creatura
  11. B

[Advice needed] L30 vs. A50s + Custom cables - Pros/Cons ?

As I mentioned here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-amp-dac-combo-to-power-sundaras.19230/post-641445 I hear a difference between SE and balanced output but it's a small difference and my test is far from scientific. L30 has more power than A50s SE and that may...
  12. B

What AMP + DAC combo to power Sundaras

I have recently bought the Sundara. On the Prodigy Cube, (100-150 mW at 32R), the bass was muddy and percussion sounded softened - I think slow is the correct word. On the SE out of Topping 50s (1.4 W at 32R) the bass cleared up. On the balanced out (3,5 W) the percussion speed is as it should...
Top Bottom