Search results

1. N

Do my Sundaras need more power or are they just faulty?

Forgot to write an update. The A50S that I got 2 months ago didn't change anything. The more I used my Sundaras the more I started noticing differences between it and my older headphones including the soundstage, so I just wasn't used to the sound not that it's faulty.
  2. N

I posted an update a few days ago about ordering a new amp and new cables to see if there's any improvement. My new amp Topping A50S and balanced cable should come tomorrow hopefully. I will post an update when they arrive. I compared the Sundara running off my Apple USB C dongle with my Khadas...
  3. N

Cheapest recommended dac for amp Topping A90

Khadas Tone 2 Pro is $200 and has balanced outs (you need the proprietary balanced RCA to XLR adapter for $50 though), a headphone amp (albeit a rather weak one) and full MQA support. I have it and I can recommend it. Keep in mind it runs quite hot though.
  4. N

I ordered a Topping A50S and a balanced cable earlier today. If I notice no difference with them I will return them and perhaps return the Sundaras too. Maybe get a DT 1990 instead.
  5. N

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

Does anyone else have their unit overheat? Mine overheats quickly and runs very hot. Wondering if it's by design or if my unit is faulty.
  6. N

Very weird. The headphones sound amazing with the soundstage being the only problem. I may buy a new amp to see if it fixes it. If not, I will return it.
  7. N

I just got my Sundara and Khadas Tone2 Pro DAC/amp (running it unbalanced which is rated at around 110 mW) yesterday and I'm disappointed with the soundstage. It sounds extremely narrow, certainly more than what most reviews hint at since it sounds almost like the closed back headphones I tried...
Top Bottom