Search results

1. T

For headphones, is it better or worse to EQ for each channel?

We have L&R measurement data from Amir and I am wondering is it better to develop two PEQ filters based on each channel? Are there any advantages or disadvantages of EQing each channel to target using L&R data respectively? OR is it just unnecessary? Thank you for answering my questions! This...
  2. T

Crosstalk performance of A90 and THX789 and subjective 'soundstage' feeling.

The crosstalk of A90(-105db) measures worse than the THX789(-127db), though both over -85db, should be inaudible. so I understand why Amir doesn't specify the crosstalk issue. But from Amir's measurement, we see A90's channel difference rises significantly after 16ms compared to THX789. Is...
  3. T

What determines the spacious effect of a headphone?

Headphones like AKG K371 do sound quite good after EQ to the target plus some personal preference. But it doesn't provide the spacial experience (or in ambiguous hifi words: Headphones' soundstage and imaging ) like HD800 or other "big soundstage" headphones (usually expensive).HD800 has some...
  4. T

A Crucial Question: Does flat response for speakers and harman curve for headphones tend to be individual’s favourite response?

I respect Toole and Olive’s research and I understand that these are preferred response in blind test, though I do think Olive’s sample size is too small (usually 200-300 people in his various papers and only 50-60 in each strata like region, age etc) to safely establish a solid standard/target...
Top Bottom