Search results

1. P

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

In terms of frequency response alone, speaker design was almost perfected 50 years ago.
  2. P

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

At first glance, it may appear that the distortion rate is high, but since most of it is second order distortion, I believe that, as reported by Amirm, the distortion is likely to be almost inaudible.
  3. P

NAD PP 2e Phono Stage Review

This amp is too quiet for vinyl.
  4. P

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

In 80's, the 2 way 44xx series sounded so much better than the 3+ way 43xx series...
  5. P

Buchardt Anniversary 10 Measurements and Review

Tweeter 1 x 19 mm / 0.74" Resonance Free Aluminum dome with CDC aluminum waveguide Am I looking at a wrong page? And this is a very typical active studio monitor design. I don't know what you're talking about... https://buchardtaudio.com/products/anniversary-10
  6. P

Buchardt Anniversary 10 Measurements and Review

Impressive performance. I generally do not like an aluminum dome for a studio monitor, but this one seems to be very well dumped.
  7. P

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

This one is the same as SSL 2, $179, only one stereo DAC.
  8. P

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

The characteristics of a capacitor can change depending on different factors, for example, how much DC bias the capacitor is subjected to. Removing the capacitor from the circuit and evaluating its quality universally is not 100% accurate. However, the design of the circuit itself can result in...
  9. P

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

I do DIY myself, and I use not-so-expensive caps like WIMA or ClarityCap. They are generally well-regarded. I don't believe there is a noticeable difference in sound when compared to way cheaper alternatives, but I also think there might be a chance that there is. In other words, I do it simply...
  10. P

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

In other words, there is a possibility that the drivers were working perfectly on the OS in 2018. However, not verifying whether they function correctly on the current OS is nothing short of negligence on Weiss's part, and the phenomenon of sound changing depending on the settings is more...
  11. P

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

Even if we completely ignore the unreasonably high price, considering Weiss' brand image, I think this is quite a scandalous outcome. I myself use the DS1 Mk3 Plugin every day, and Weiss' digital technology itself is highly trusted. Whether this converter was originally like this, a malfunction...
  12. P

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

It doesn't appear to be explicitly stated anywhere whether Amir could actually hear the sonic degradation with this equipment. However, if he couldn't hear it, there would be no need for him to dispute the term "absolute minimum sonic degradation." In other words, if he has a disagreement with...
  13. P

I honestly don't know if the distortion level of this equipment is below threshold of human perception, but there are some folks in this forum who blindly believe that equipment is superior the lower its distortion, but that's like saying equipment with a high-frequency range extending to 10MHz...
  14. P

I actually own a trashy Magnavox tube console, lol. I rarely play it myself, but many guests who come to my house are intrigued and want to listen to its sound. Everyone is often impressed by how good the sound is "for its age". It reproduces the vibes of old music like Chet Baker with the...
  15. P

People who buy Mid-Century audio equipment are doing so because they want the Mid-Century home audio experience due to nostalgic reasons or their affection for Mid-Century culture, not necessarily because they're seeking high fidelity. I'm honestly surprised that there are uncultured folks who...
  16. P

I think that when vacuum tube enthusiasts say that vacuum tube amps sound better, they are mostly talking about the transformers, not the tubes themselves. And for amplifiers like this one that don't even have a transformer, they typically don't produce the coloration these enthusiasts expect. :)
  17. P

You're absolutely right, and I seriously question whether one can truly hear the distortion in this particular equipment. In fact, I think it's highly likely that one can't hear it. However, what I wanted to emphasize, and I hope you read my post carefully, is that when I talk about 'reality'...
Top Bottom