Search results

1. MacCali

The 50th Anniversary DSOTM Planetarium Shows World Wide

Hey ladies and gents, wanted to post this in the audio show thread but I guess that thread is no longer available. Would be nice to have this moved there. To make a long story short the original release of the album was done at a planetarium and now they are returning to the roots for the...
  2. MacCali

MAGNETAR UDP800 thoughts?

Is this an oppo clone? anyone else seen it and thoughts? never heard of this brand any idea where it came from?
  3. MacCali

Details on CD player digital outs

Good evening, just bought this pioneer dv-606 for kicks and I was curious what these digital outputs mean and which one to use. Two coax, one PCM and the other PCM Dolby Also optical says pcm Dolby too Does this mean anything?
  4. MacCali

Shipping Insurance

Good day everyone, I wanted to ask and also reached out to Amir about this. I am going to be purchasing some speakers and shipping them out to my home, they are coming direct from a consumer so they did not have the boxes to ship and did not want to ship. I do not think I will have issues...
  5. MacCali

4K player purchase question

Good day ladies and gentleman, so I have currently saved up enough money to buy a 4k player. I have never owned one, so this is why I need some help and clearly I am trying to go for a flagship option. The two players I got in mind are the panasonic ub9000 and reavon XBR-200. So first off I...
  6. MacCali

Bluetooth Audio in car with no aux port or smart features

So I own a couple cars, 2 of them do not have bluetooth capability or a 3.5 aux port to connect a bluetooth dongle. Was just curious what are some solutions that are convenient and actually work. So far tried two FM bluetooth receiver which broadcasts to your radio. Even had an app which...
  7. MacCali

Interconnect vs Speaker cable Res/Cap/Induct

Good day everyone, as I am digging deeper into audio I was curious to know as looking into measurements is key on this website, I am hoping someone can tell and help me understand what has raised my curiosity. So we have a general idea of what makes a speaker cable good when it comes to...
  8. MacCali

Bi-amping with loop out questions

Good day everyone, I am new to audio so please excuse the question. This is my first time bi-amping and I have a few questions. I just purchased two parasound HCA-1500's which I purchased to bi amp my 6 ohm speakers. From my understanding since my units have loop out I can loop my left...
  9. MacCali

FS: Monolith by Monoprice Liquid Platinum HA - Local Pick Up Only

I got a Liquid Platinum headphone amp I am seeking to sell. The unit is used, the tubes which came with the unit have never been used. I am selling for 450, open to reasonable offers. Local pick ups only, do not ship and only accept cash. 100% working. Cosmetic wise 10/10 Box and accessories...
  10. MacCali

Which 4499EQ? Owners appreciated

I need a dac for my stereo system, really debating between the 3 and measurements out the door, what sounds the best? SMSL M400.. D90.. Gustard A22.. I dont know which one to choose.... Money no object, so I am not factoring that in.. they're all in nearly the same ballpark
  11. MacCali

input power and SNR

Good morning, evening, day guys. I have a bit of confusion which I wanted to understand better, I am currently going to be purchasing the topping pre90 pretty soon. I need a preamp for one of my setups as I am purchasing a power amp. The question that comes to mind, as I see most rating for...
  12. MacCali

Noob question regarding power amps and pre's

I am currently in the market for a new amp, I am considering rather than grab another integrated go with separates. I am sure most people would agree. Now I am not rich, but I got a really good deal on a pair of speakers I've technically wanted for the little time I have been in audio, so I am...
Top Bottom