• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth Audio in car with no aux port or smart features

MacCali

Major Contributor
So I own a couple cars, 2 of them do not have bluetooth capability or a 3.5 aux port to connect a bluetooth dongle.

Was just curious what are some solutions that are convenient and actually work.

So far tried two FM bluetooth receiver which broadcasts to your radio. Even had an app which shows free channels to use by location so that it would not interfere with an actual broadcast. However, none seem to work optimal in any fashion even on open frequencies.

Only option left is to replace the radio and not really in the mood to this. Any thoughts of another solution?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Open up the radio and splice in an additional analog input between radio out and amp in?

iLoveCats

Everyone at work uses FM bluetooth transmitters that plug into the 12v auxilary/cigarette lighter. The trucks are old and don't have connectivity. The transmitters are many different brands and definitely not all created equally. The best seems to be made by Anker and called a Roav.

OP
MacCali

MacCali

Major Contributor
Open up the radio and splice in an additional analog input between radio out and amp in?
it's pretty hectic on a honda, the radio isn't like fully swapable. I have to basically remove a whole bunch of crap and probably not even be able to put it back together. To pay to have this professionally done will almost equal to get a brand new radio

OP
MacCali

MacCali

Major Contributor
Everyone at work uses FM bluetooth transmitters that plug into the 12v auxilary/cigarette lighter. The trucks are old and don't have connectivity. The transmitters are many different brands and definitely not all created equally. The best seems to be made by Anker and called a Roav.
Man I own two, going to be a big vouch to actually end up purchasing a third and having the same situation. Getting the static issue, even on completely clear channels. This is on two separate devices using completely broadcast free channels, even attempted switching to multiple different free frequencies. I live in Los Angeles, not sure what's causing the interference. I tried to see if it was an issue with my cars, tried it in two other cars using some of those different frequencies having the same issue. 2018 BMW was the tester, this is a total of three cars.

One has an auxiliary input on it, I tried that hardwired and it was still making static.

Edit: Hmmm... this has led me to something helpful.

OP
MacCali

MacCali

Major Contributor
Just ordered, lets see how this goes.. newest version.

Top Bottom