Search results

1. M

Recommendations needed for a replacement for a miniDSP active crossover

I've had some weird volume flakes and issues with all 3 of mine but nothing that a power cycle doesn't take care of. Certainly I will second the motion that moving to a computer + software etc. introduces way more complexity. IMO I prefer that way because I have total control and more...
  2. M

I'm in the same boat but instead I chose Audiolense's ecosystem. I am also concerned by the low quantity of updates and the fact that it's a one person development team and such but PC hardware is so much more powerful and so much cheaper than turnkey devices that I've moved that way myself...
  3. M

Excellent news! I'm current on Jriver so if they've already corrected it I'll give it a shot again. I used beqdesigner when I made my first attempt on an older version of jriver to implement an LX521.4 crossover, I'll just go back to it. This isn't my first attempt doing this, I was...
  4. M

Thanks for the group effort. I may just buy EKIO and be done with it...I love the demo version.
  5. M

I'm trying to find a calculator for such a thing. I am not at all confident I could solve for Q in that equation but thank you for the formula.
  6. M

That was a total phone induced fat finger. I would be wondering what the hell I was talking about too. That was to read: Did anyone nail down the proper way to convert the minidsp q values into the ones defined by jriver? Jriver uses nonstandard Q value calculations which was one of the...
  7. M

Did anyone nail down the proper way to convert the minidsp q values into the ones defined by driver?
  8. M

Has anyone implemented an LX521.4 crossover using EKIO here? Are the q values ands settings in EKIO one for one the same as implemented in a minidsp 4x10HD?
  9. M

Multichannel audio interface with infra red (IR) remote for volume control

Roger that, so I view this as dated and Amir reviewed the MK5 I believe and it tested well is my recall. I'll pass on the local 828x. Thank for the feedback. I'm also looking at a Parasound P7 as a preamp but I can't tell for sure if I can leverage the subwoofer interface as an 8th channel...
  10. M

Has anyone had experience with a Motu 828X? It's shown up on local facebook marketplace, I wonder if it's a viable alternative to the MK5?
  11. M

The ultralite MK5 will take IR remote volume control signals? I bought an ultralite MK3 and had too many issues and returned it but if an MK5 is significantly better perhaps it's worth a go.
  12. M

The M6 doesn't appear to have 8 channels as far as I can tell. Flex 8 I didn't know about but doesn't have a mic in. Charlie, I've got an FLIRC USB implemented on my main system right now that adjusts preamp volume on that system. At this stage in my office system which is my target I have...
  13. M

I am looking for the exact same animal. I'm guessing you might be using Audiolense; if you use a usb mic and a usb playback source it's a nightmare but if you're using the same device for all of the above it works great.
  14. M

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

Thanks for all the support much appreciated. I had no idea that foobar had a matrix mixer plugin, that's super valuable. I use both but foobar is so much slimmer of an app I'd like to go back to leveraging it more.
  15. M

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

Question since it's been a while from the last post: 1. I have an 8 way multichannel system. 2. I currently use audiolense and audiolense convolver. 3. I leverage ASIO drivers. Given I've heard mention of channel mapping issues, etc. on this Topping platform is there anyone that has...
  16. M

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 in fully active setup

I figured that you came from a highly technical background given on how logically your documentation was laid out and your framework for recording information. The amount of time you spent in the US also makes sense on why you seem to have zero language barrier. I think it's great that you...
  17. M

I have too many systems Dualazmak much like most of us hobbyists. My office system I rotate all manner of speakers in and out constantly so it's never a static configuration. Right know it's a pair of M&K MX-70's mated to a set of DIY Bagby Kairos that have passive crossovers but I'm running...
  18. M

Let me provide some background about why I'm very unconcerned for my use case. 1. My primary system in my music room leverages resistive step ladder volume control and a system that is arguably SOTA. 2. This system is literally only for my office where I spend a lot of my day working - I can...
  19. M

Dualazmak, I found an alternate solution to getting some gain. I found that one of the latter day flagship products that fits the bill has become incredibly cheap. It turns out that the Sherbourn PT-7010a 8 channel preamp/processor (8 channels of RCA AND XLR input/output) fits the bill and I...
  20. M

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

Is there no trial to test the proof of concept. I'm trying hang loose convolver but given that I can't test convolution it's hard to plunk down the money not knowing the results. Anyone know if that will ever be in the pipe? Given that most audio software can be a crapshoot if it works with...
Top Bottom