Search results

1. N

Windows 10 audio inactivity causing loud "popping" noise in Topping DAC

I want to thank you so much as this helped my crack problem! I'm on a laptop, and right when I saw usb power save settings it clicked! I turned off all power save settings for the usb device group and my crackling went away I'm on a topping e30 (USB input) into a NAD C316Bee
  2. N

First HiFi setup.. I Think. need opinion on verification

Yeah that's the one. Thanks for the info. And thanks to everyone for their advice! This was my first post on here and I'm impressed with the community here.
  3. N

What about a headphone amp? Do I need one if I want to buy some good headphones or can I use the amps headphone jack
  4. N

You're right man! You're definitely right. If I like it, why mess with it. One additional question is if I want to do a headphones, of which I don't own a nice set, is it wrong to just plug the headphones in the amp directly or do I need a dedicated headphone amp
  5. N

Thanks man! I'm loving it. Tracy chapman fast car almost brought me to tears the other day. Reminded me of when I was a kid and heard the difference of cds for the first time, which was when the song came out. My big question is do certain speakers pair better with specific amplifiers? That's...
  6. N

Right now I'm using my phone, but will be using my computer soon. Would rather have a dedicated dsp than software. Thanks for the ideas about sound absorption.
  7. N

I appreciate the info. I rent and don't want to mess with the outlet when I'm not staying forever. As far as clean power goes I did buy a nice, affordable dc power supply for the DAC. The topping e30 doesn't come with a dedicated one so I had to get one anyway. I got a Jameco 5 Watt AC-to-DC...
  8. N

Thanks! Those are good suggestions. I didn't think about a dsp. I just had to recalibrate my car setup with an rta mic because of a battery change. So I'm familiar with the benefits. So how much is that going to run for a budget midrange one? And what is room treatment
  9. N

Hi Everyone! Not sure who reads these newbie forums, but I came here because I made the one decision I've had to make so far in my HiFi setup from here. I was recently bequeathed a NAD Integrated Amplifier (C136BEE) and two KEF Reference Series Model One (SP3189) speakers. This is what they had...
Top Bottom