Search results

1. manisandher

Phono cartridge service

Yes, Expert Stylus should be the first choice for anyone in the UK. I'm just waiting to receive my London (Decca) Reference and Benz LPS cartridges back from them, both serviced and re-tipped for very reasonable prices. Mani.
  2. manisandher

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Yep. I use up to 10 amps in an active setup. 5 of these stacked neatly on the side of each speaker would be a very nice solution.
  3. manisandher

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp

I've got 12 Neurochrome modules (in two different active systems). In my main system, they drive 109dB/W@1m compression horn tweeters. Only the slightest hint of hiss with ear right next to horn's mouth. They are brilliant amps IMHO. Mani.
  4. manisandher

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

So, a pair of these for $280 or a single Topping PA7 Plus for $550. Almost identical performance. Remarkable. (Perfect for active systems like mine, requiring many amps.) Mani.
  5. manisandher

Is Hi-Res Audio better because filter is outside audible range?

See my post #9: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-hi-res-audio-better-because-filter-is-outside-audible-range.53107/post-1919174 Mani.
  6. manisandher

But this is what all anti-imaging filters should really look like: (Stereophile measurements of Ferrum Wandla D/A.) Full attenuation before Nyquist. Mani.
  7. manisandher

It's easy to show that brickwall filters don't do anything untoward. Take a hires file, say 24/192, with lots of content above 24kHz. 'Downsample' to 48kHz using a brickwall anti-alias filter, and then 'upsample' back to 192kHz using a brickwall anti-imaging filter. Now compare the...
  8. manisandher

Topping Reliability

My Topping TP60 has worked perfectly for the last 12 years or so. (Though it's not been on 24/7 by any means.) I have a number of more recent Topping amps and DACs (also SMSL) which have also worked perfectly so far. The PA7s get quite warm to the touch, so require reasonably good ventilation...
  9. manisandher

Pass ACA Class A Power Amplifier Review

A lack of comprehension skills too!
  10. manisandher

The lack of logical reasoning skills here is astounding. Why would your reasoning only apply to the ACA and not the LA90? FWIW, I bought the ACA kit as a fun project to do with my then 9-year-old son. Never got around to it, so got a local guy to build them for me. They've sat on a shelf...
  11. manisandher

Huh? What kinds of stories have I already ingested about these products?
  12. manisandher

This is non-sensical. There is no reference. So, if there is a difference, I could just as well think the LA90 is better.
  13. manisandher

Sure. And it'll be interesting to hear how close they sound to the LA90 monos through the same speakers.
  14. manisandher

I hear what you're both saying. And sure, I can and will record at the speaker terminals. But my real interest is in validating what Amir wrote: I'm interested in knowing how different mono ACAs sound to mono LA90s driving high-efficiency speakers, when the former are well-below their...
  15. manisandher

And what information would this provide over and above Amir's measurements?
  16. manisandher

I want to listen to the amp driving speakers. As already stated, the speakers are 97dB/W@1m.
  17. manisandher

Not much of "an actual listening test" then. I'm personally interested in knowing how the ACA compares in SQ to the LA90 through high-efficiency speakers. I have everything to hand, so that's the test I'll perform. But sure, I can record the electrical signal from the speaker terminals too for...
  18. manisandher

Does a truly transparent ADC actually exist?

I see your results Paul, and agree that the two files should sound identical. But for whatever reason, they sound subtly different to me. I don't want to belabour the point though - it's certainly not a hill I'm prepared to die on. I linked them so that the OP could judge for himself. Mani.
  19. manisandher

I've got a pair of ACA monos that I've been meaning to compare with a pair of LA90 monos, both driving a pair of high-efficiency (97dB/W@1m) speakers. The intention is to capture level-matched outputs of the speakers with high-quality mics and preamps. Will hopefully get around to this at some...
Top Bottom