Search results

1. Y

Looking for an alternative to FiiO BTA30

Ok basicaly the best product for me would be a DAC headphone amplifier combo with BT transmission. THe BTA30 is the only one i know with a shanling that is very similar. I don t need many input options. At home I have the fiio paired with a DX1 from advance paris. I m looking for a bargain...
  2. Y

Any info about the Atoll Dac 200

The official price is sort of nuts, but you can get it for much less on the second hand market. It interested me because its connectivity is large (even if a BNC connector is missing), it also uses a Burr Brown chip and i consider this chip as sounding better. Reviiews, listening tests...
  3. Y

Anyone tested XIANGSHENG DA- serie?

The Da06 is cheap, comes with outdated chips (AKm 4493 or 4495) but get coax, dnc, optical, usb. The phone jack is at the back of the unit and is a 2.5 (which sucks). It has two balanced out. Source selection is direct via a button, and you get a volume knob. No useless fancy features...
  4. Y

Where would stand a 10-15 years old high device ?

My question is for people able to compare10-15 year quality gear (1000dollars + at the time of release) with low end mass market DAC of today (from 1 to ~ 500 dollars), There are a few reasons why i m considering getting vintage gear. It's about mostly about connectity and interface , chinese...
  5. Y

RCA versus Coax , explain me that ....

While i was looking for a cheap way to switch between 2 coax someone suggested that i could use a RCA swith (my cables are super short). Since i had a pair of "quality" rca cables (both are independant) i replaced the coax from my Pi hat to my DAC with a one this RCA. It probably degraded...
  6. Y

Anyone able to test the DX1 from advance accoustic/advance paris

I bought this for less than 400 euros, mostly due its high connectivity. It has balanced output, but it is not fully balanced and it may even not be balanced (just the output is?). I cannot compare it to anything but a spare FX audio X6 and it is better. It uses a AKG4490 that is outdated...
  7. Y

Still looking for an alternative to my DX1 from advance paris/ opinion on the DX1

Note that i m not an expert with DACs. I got my first one like 15-20 years ago, it was a squeeze box much before logitec bought the small start up.It was a funny ecosystem and i actually modified some of the Pearl (python was not yet born) scripts they used. One day it died and i bought a...
  8. Y

Your opinon on the AudioLab M-dac (semi vintage)

It has the features that i need (2 coax, 2 optical, varying output level) but is is very old (2012). https://www.whathifi.com/audiolab/m-dac/review Some reviews are positive but i read one saying it sounded like crap. The DAC chip is very old so i wonder how it compared to a modern DAC...
  9. Y

Silly question, how to merge two coaxial inputs (assuming that one arbitrarly one shall be inactive) ?

Well a coax just carries a digital signal, so i believe that you just get two cables, so indeed its just like a rca but the cable is usually shielded. So assuming that one have 2 coax inputs that are not active at the same time and only one coax input one may try to use the following...
  10. Y

Looking for a good DAC with many input and decent headphone amp.

Hello there your advices would really be welcome .... please fell free to give your opinion, I'm currently using a DX1 from advance paris, it has like 6 optical inputs and 2 coaxial, it also works as a bridge since you find 1 optical out and 1 coaxial out. The sound is fine but ........ Well...
  11. Y

How good is the Tangent Ampster BT II

I found several very good reviews, many claiming that this one is way better than most chinese budget amp/dac. It has the connectivity i want (opt, coax, aux etc..) + BT. But how good it it as an amplifier ?
  12. Y

Decent device similar to the SMSL AD18 or the Topping MX3.

I m still looking for a device to power my second system and that would also serve me if my main amplifier (a denon PMA 1500) gets faulty. Here are my requirements : - Must be able to decode digital signal. - Should have bluetooth, if possible 5.0 or 42 - Can power medium speakers with hifi...
Top Bottom