Search results

1. A

How much is the "like" for euphonic artifacts due to insufficient volume?

Playing around a bit in my free time, and coming to the conclusion more and more that many of the preferred euphonic distortions are a factor of volume. I.e. they have positive benefit at less than ideal volume levels, but break down at more ideal listening volume levels. I believe most...
  2. A

Did anyone notice that Topping released a USB 2.0 High Speed isolator?

https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/733226.html
  3. A

What percentage of "audiophile" systems are room acoustics limited?

What percentage of "Audiophiles" are chasing meaningless equipment upgrades (DACs, Amps, "Cables", yes even speakers), when the biggest culprit is room acoustics. We will assume they are not listening pure near-field (which still may be an issue). Let's not get too hung up on semantics, and...
  4. A

Lost all respect for Doug Self

I found this little ditty in one of his website, Audio signals are AC. Cables cannot be directional any more than 2 + 2 can equal 5. Anyone prepared to believe this nonsense won't be capable of designing amplifiers, so there seems no point in further comment. (Doug Self) Obviously in this...
  5. A

Topaz Labs tools

Trying them out. Super impressed with sharpening and gigapixel, less so with denoise, forming opinion on jpeg to raw. Like to go light so limits optical gathering and expensive heavy lenses.
Top Bottom