Search results

1. S

Raspberry pi4 with USB

Thanks for replying. Yes iam using the balanced outs from the DAC3. I was not able to find a technical source which described the rpi4 audio. I remember reading up on the problems with USB and how the i2s with HAT solved it, which really explained things well. If you have any such write ups...
  2. S

Raspberry pi4 with USB

So the only doubt remaining is if a dedicated HAT needs to be used with the new rpi or not Data in this forum suggests USB might be good enough and using HAT has problems with cooling / power. I am also using a standard pi4 charger - I would like to know if this needs to be upgraded...
  3. S

Raspberry pi4 with USB

Fixed it with input from the benchmark folks. Apparently the DAC3 has to be put in USB2 mode. This is achieved by pressing the USB button on the remote or the device for 3 seconds. Once this is done, the audio interface correctly recognizes it as USB 2.0 device and displays it accordingly...
  4. S

Raspberry pi4 with USB

Hi, I wanted a 4k system for movies, so I upgraded my existing raspberry pi3 HAT system to a raspberry pi4. I havent got a dedicated a audio HAT with the new pi since i assume that the old USB interface problems are not present anymore. (Please do let me know if this is correct) But when i...
  5. S

Anyone using minidsp SHD with additional DAC

Thank you @waynel and everyone who replied. Appreciate all the help.
  6. S

Reply from the SVS folks "The SVS SB-2000 Pro Sledge STA-550D amp has 5 ms of DSP latency. So add that to the balanced output speaker channel feed for time aligment. "
  7. S

Thank you. I guess sticking to the SHD would be the easiest and cheapest option for me here. Iam just sad to see my DAC3 go :) ps : Never realized multiple DACs of the same type is also an option - that would mean i can get 2 of the latest chinese DAC with the best SINAD and not worry about...
  8. S

Hmm .. I wish more high end DACs would include the crossover functinality so that this issue wouldn't exist.. I know only of SHD that has dac and crossover functionality. Are there more ? I do know of some audio processors which are insanely expensive but not regular dacs in shd price...
  9. S

I checked with svs online support and they said their woofers are completely analog. However they wanted to reply back with some confirmation about the phase change and delay questions if any from the woofer itself which we were doubtful about, and will be getting back to me. I will post the...
  10. S

The svs does amplification but need not perform ADC/DAC looking at the inputs it has. It does allow you to correct the phase and has filters to perform low pass correction. Not sure if that requires a DAC https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-2000 Regarding your recommendation to use minidsp...
  11. S

Oh wait ..but wouldn't the analog out that goes to the sub from the SHD be produced via SHD's own internal DAC and wouldn't that introduce its own delay ? So would it be just the delay from DAC3's processing ?
  12. S

Oh cool that's a relief ... But would it be possible to set the delay to be dynamic depending on the signal since it does seem to be varying based on the data you have posted ? And since no one has adviced me against going with the crossover idea, I assume all this will be worth the trouble ?
  13. S

Lucky me ... I know we are in ASR forum but can't help ask, how would you compare the 3 dacs ? Do they sound the same ? I assume since you went from DAC3 to Okto you had to move away from the low gain mode on your ABH2 ... Did it produce any audible differences ?
  14. S

Thank you for replying wayne. Oh I want to stick to DAC3 for the supposed intersample peaks benefits that they claim and any synergy benefits if possible with my amp, which is Benchmark too. But mainly coz it's a sturdy piece of gear I bought after lots of research and due to the couple of...
  15. S

Hi friends, I have a tough problem for which i would like some advice. I have a 2.1 setup in my smallish bedroom and use a Bemchmark DAC3 as the preamp, as a source selector and also as source to feed my subs, an svs 2000 The balanced outs on the DAC3 goes to the amp and it plays my...
  16. S

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Why does Sundara not appear in the recommended headphones list in the review index ?
  17. S

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Got the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and it sounds awesome driving my HifiMan Sundara, which otherwise sounded lean and not so impressive on my devices (Laptop/Android/macbook). Thank you audiosciencereview Quick question for folks who have got this - Does the firmware and windows driver have to...
  18. S

"Different" music for bored music lovers

No matter how different, ultimately they are the same !!
  19. S

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

+1 for those KEFs & while we are wishing, I would add the KEF Blades in that list too.
Top Bottom