Search results

1. typericey

Yet another Revel F206 thread

After 1.5 years of ownership still content and no plans of replacing them. They're my goldilocks speakers in terms of size, sound, and price.
  2. typericey

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Topping, your move to develop a similar measuring product (batt powered portable DAC & HP amp) at a third of the price. Unless it already exists and I don't know. @JohnYang1997
  3. typericey

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Really keen on getting this amp. Has any owner reported any bugs or issues with it?
  4. typericey

Alpine PDX-V9 Review (car amplifier)

Thanks for the review Amir. Made me miss my younger car audio days. Though at the same time I blame it for whatever tinnitus I have now. :facepalm: Back then I also preferred Alpine head units and had one of these PDX amps. Measurements of this amp is more than enough for car audio where the...
  5. typericey

Need advise on a theoretical setup: if I plug an RCA output of a phono preamp (i.e. ART DJ Pre II) to the TRS input of the PA5, will there be issues? I would just need an RCA to TRS cable right? (No, I don't need the signal to become balanced).
  6. typericey

Nice. I have a 4312SE and am also planning to get a PA5 to drive them. They have 90dB sensitivity, 6 ohms. If it all works out, I can sell my Rotel integrated which I am sure the PA5 will out-measure (except for power).
  7. typericey

Commenting to subscribe. Mind blown. Now I know what I want for Christmas, and I don't even need another amp! I hope I have the time to read all 49 pages of this thread. In case it has been discussed, any deets on the chip used in this amp?
  8. typericey

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

Chiming in (late) to watch this thread. I have a PA3 and happy to see the new version jump way high in the SINAD leaderboard. In fact, for performance alone I don't see why anyone would go for an entry level Marantz, Onkyo or even NAD's 316 BEE instead. Edit: Upon checking, the price locally is...
  9. typericey

Youtube is running ads against my channel :(

What if the ads that appear on your channel are from AudioQuest, PS Audio, etc? :p
  10. typericey

JL ELectronics Sylph-D200 Amplifier Module Review

Congrats on a very good measuring product from a fellow Filipino! I'm not a DIY kind of guy so I'll wait for the complete/cased amp (with the same PS and soft start as tested by Amir so the measurements will be more or less the same) and will be happy to purchase. I do hope it will be locally...
  11. typericey

Your thoughts on the Rogue Audio Sphinx V2?

A thread I created more than 2 years ago where no one replied suddenly came to life! Edit: no wonder, Amir has just reviewed the V3. This is one of my earlier posts on this forum where I wasn't fully enlightened by audio science yet. Yes I drank the Kool Aid and bought the snake oil before...
  12. typericey

JBL Tour One

@MayaTlab thanks for the owner's report. I do hope the ANC noise can be solved by firmware. Though I wonder if yours is an isolated issue i.e. a defective unit.
  13. typericey

JBL Tour One

Someone please get the over ear one and send to @amirm for review https://news.harman.com/releases/jblR-launches-tour-headphone-series-designed-for-business-professionals
  14. typericey

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Subscribed. Considering an NC502 and willing to wait until 4Q 2021. I can't build a DIY Hypex amp if it meant saving my life so I'm happy to see someone do it for me at a reasonable price.
  15. typericey

Last $600 in your checking account which speaker do you get?

Any Revel that's within that budget, new or used. But if I must choose within your options, Debut Reference, just because I own one so I can confidently recommend.
  16. typericey

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

Waiting for rave reviews of this speaker from: Steve G. Andrew Robinson (with bonus clickbait title and thumbnail) Zero Fidelity Thomas & Stereo The Next Best Thing Studio
  17. typericey

Let's talk CD Players!

I used a "Walmart" DVD player as a transport before (hooked up to an integrated with DAC) and they sounded fine. My only gripe is that they took forever to scan CDs. Now I use an entry level Marantz CD5005 which is a CD playback only machine. The experience/ritual of using it feels more "normal."
  18. typericey

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

Most likely intentional house sound applied to these speakers, as with most if not all in their current catalog. Is it in their crossover designs? Because the drivers seem decent (low distortion) and I'm sure the drivers would perform well if only the design goal was flat response. Anniversary...
  19. typericey

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Hopefully no bugs like the clicking noise on my bricked S8.
  20. typericey

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Just to add, so if one is in the market for >115dB DACs, he should be more concerned about the features, price, build quality, reliability, quirks/bugs, etc. than "how they sound." And just so we're still on topic, the D30Pro looks like it should be on any buyer's shortlist.
Top Bottom