Search results

1. F

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I've never heard hiss from my 8030c's in my quiet room at night in the countryside, sitting at arm's length from them, ears at tweeter level. Maybe my 52 year old ears aren't what they were, I don't know, but they clearly don't hiss enough to bother everyone.
  2. F

$2500 for System for Office with Standing Desk

I'm kind of new to this myself, and I got the 8030c's a while back. At first I had them on my desk, tilted up as much as possible, but it still felt like the sound was "below" my head. I got the Genelec stands (which I think have been improved recently) and the tweeters are now roughly level...
  3. F

SOLD!!!: TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM (UK only)

Sorry, forgot all about this. Sold long ago.
  4. F

Here's the previous stand, the 8000-323B/W https://www.genelec.com/accessories/8000-323b/w-table-stand-l-shape And here's the new one, the 8000-333B/W https://www.genelec.com/accessories/8000-333b/w-table-stand-l-shape Looks like the new ones hinge at a slightly different position?
  5. F

How do I add a subwoofer to this?

I'll wait for someone more knowledgable to point out if this is a bad idea, but couldn't you connect the monitors to the EX5's XLR outputs, and the subs to the RCA outputs? On the EX5 you can choose whether to use XLR, RCA, or both at once.
  6. F

Sonos Era

I've had a Sonos One for a couple of years and recently got an Era 100. I briefly put them next to each other and switched between them (playing via Apple Airplay) to see if I could tell the difference - my ears aren't especially choosy. This was in a terrible room for audio - a conservatory...
  7. F

SOLD!!!: TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM (UK only)

Had these a few months but only worn them a few times and I think IEMs just aren't for me. So if you want to give these special things a go, yours for £35 including postage within the UK. I've only worn one of the pairs of tips (bottom left in photo). Includes box, tips, instructions, and...
  8. F

Apple Beats Fit Pro

The Beats Fit Pro and the original AirPods Pro have the same H1 chip. But the AirPods Pro 2nd generation, which came out this month, have the newer H2 chip. Reviews suggest these sound better than the Beats Fit Pro and the ANC is better. But they're more expensive.
  9. F

I don't hear any hiss from mine, my ears about 3ft/1m away from them, in a quiet house surrounded by fields. Edit: Just noticed that if I put my ear right up to them I can hear a hiss, but by the time my ear's 1ft away, it's inaudible to my aging ears. Edit 2: If I put my Apple Watch right up...
  10. F

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I just bought a pair with the Black Friday deal. £35 and free shipping to the UK. I have deep misgivings about the packaging but it appears I can't resist a bargain.
  11. F

New Belkin Airplay 2 device

Thank you for posting this! Quite the bargain. I've just ordered one to collect from my local Argos. I did buy an Apple Airport Express off eBay, for over £30, which has been OK except it only seems to advertise itself over Airplay for a couple of minutes after it's turned on. After that I...
  12. F

My sub is a BK Electronics Gemini 2, made in the UK. Below is a diagram of the rear controls from the PDF manual. I'm using the low level input. My room is small - 2.5m x 3m - which I'm guessing means I have less need of a sub than if it was a large space?
  13. F

Thanks all. I'll have a play with the sub and the Genelec switches. Currently I have switches 1 and 5 on - Desktop and -4dB Bass Tilt, because they're 10-15cm in front of a wall, on the desk. Can you explain the gain to me, as I don't see anything in the manual about "gain", and I'm new at...
  14. F

I got a pair of 8030c's last week and am enjoying them so far. I got the Raw finish which I know some people don't like but which I love. Nicely brutalist, truth-to-materials, and all that. My previous speakers (AudioEngine A2+) were small so the Genelecs look almost comically large on my desk...
  15. F

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

My pair of 1990s Blue Room Minipods are currently on shelves that don’t have enough room to use the legs, so they don’t look as good as these:
  16. F

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

It’s interesting - someone else up there said, while praising NAD stuff generally, that they look “cheap”. To me, the more minimal stuff looks like it’s had a lot of thought and effort put into it - it’s hard to make things simple. Whereas all those big amps with dials and loads of switches and...
  17. F

Help with improving audio quality for iMac

Just to be clear, there’s the Apple Music streaming service - which is (or can be? I haven’t used it) in high resolution. So if you’re using that, then make sure it’s using high resolution (sounds like you have). And then there’s the Apple Music app, through which you can listen to the Apple...
  18. F

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

I don't use the Apple Music service and have no connection to this app but just came across it and I figured it might be useful to some folks here... https://github.com/vincentneo/LosslessSwitcher and
  19. F

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

Ah, thanks. I assumed that because the little A2+ has USB input the A5+ did too. There is a version of the A5+ with Bluetooth now though.
  20. F

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

Another good direct comparison is with the Audioengine A5+ speakers: powered desktop speakers; one main speaker with a cable to the second; USB, RCA, and 3.5mm inputs; RCA output for a sub. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audioengine-a5-powered-speaker-review.13803/
Top Bottom