Search results

1. R

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Thanks for responding. I am talking about a low rumble from A/C or the cheap tape drive, for example. Selectively filter or de-equalize different frequencies. I can do this from the playback of the analog output of the tape recorder routed to the analog outputs, but the old tape recorder is...
  2. R

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I have a newbe question: Since this has a ADC and a USB connection to a PC, can I use this to first digitize a source like a tape deck, then correct it in the frequency domain to remove distortion, then save the digitized file on the PC that is connected via USB?
  3. R

Bagby Mandolin DIY Speaker Review

I appreciate your comments on ears being plugged. I have that frequently. That is one the reasons that I like to rely on objective measurements like your make. Hearing aids also reinforce that. I would much rather start with a speaker or speakers that measure well and make my choice than...
  4. R

Infinity RS152 Review (Surround Speaker)

@amirm: Bravo for using your standard measurement suite and throwing it up there for all to pick over. I am glad when you threw up your hands during that you did not abandon the work you did and go on to the next devices to test, but asked for suggestions. I certainly don't blame you for...
  5. R

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

I can confirm that the M33 shows up after updating the M33 today as "Roon Ready" and works with Roon. Also this did not show under "Roon Tested". I have no opinion yet of the update impact on music.
  6. R

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Right on about the M33 remote control. The best looking, most buttoned but totally useless furniture scratcher since I had a cat. I recall BluOS has a remote that might work better with 80% less buttons. Anyone tried it? I still have nor gotten a strong opinion about the grain issue...
  7. R

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

From what I read above, I suspect a good analogy is of that to a point light source, like an LED with a large convex optical lens where the LED is at the focal point. The apparent distance (used in inverse square law) is altered by the lens and increased toward infinity. Thus the beam of light...
  8. R

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Very interesting review. Size factor suggests they could be used as R and L for home theater. What would you use for center speaker? Opinions please. Thanks
  9. R

Amazing Budget Amplifier Find: AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Video Review

@amirm: given the conversations about different wall warts or external power supplies, have you considered including another test that substituted a lab power supply (ideally linear) to eliminate any switching noise? That way those who wanted the ultimate performance could address that source...
  10. R

Audio Blind Tests and Listener Training (video)

Highly enjoyable video, well presented with great examples. This is the most enjoyable audio site that I visit - certainly the most educational. It particularly stood out that his "training" was supported by a number of scientists and engineers that formed a feedback network to perfect the...
  11. R

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I usually consume it from a cup
Top Bottom