Search results

1. G

Looking to upgrade - bookshelves, EUR 2500-3000 used

I own a pair of Dynaudio Confidence 3 speakers (not the C3, earlier model made between 1994 and 2002). They are good but I always felt there's something off in the midrange/highs. Very hard to put the finger on it but others have confirmed. Tried them in different rooms (of which one a friend...
  2. G

Any small USB-powered DAC with high output like the Centrance DAC Port HD?

The Centrance DAC Port HD is the only USB-powered DAC that I know of which can power high impedance headphones. I wanted to buy one for a long time and now that I remembered I saw it's out of production and I can't find any used for sale. So is there something similar? I know of battery-powered...
  3. G

Speakers that produce astonishing soundstaging/imaging?

I'm posting this for a friend who's in the market for new speakers but currently doesn't have the time to research as much as he'd like. A bit of background, he has some mid priced (~about EUR 2k new) floorstanders made by a company that's completely obscure to me, I can't even remember the...
  4. G

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

I was never able to accept that many audiophiles believe there's something just mystical about human hearing that simply can't be captured by science. And frankly I don't really think they believe that. But at the same time I don't think I ever heard or read a hypothesis about it, no matter how...
  5. G

Audiofools turned objectivists or vice-versa?

So, has anyone switched sides and stayed there? I'm personally an objectivist but at the same time I want to believe. 2 things are kinda unexplained to me: amps with big transformers in the power supplies tend to sound better (more bass and better soundstage when pushed hard) but measurements...
  6. G

Old DAC died, looking for a new one with a remote (and other requirements)

So my DAC died a few days ago and I'm looking for a new one. Must-have: a remote, because I use a power amp without adjustable volume Nice to have: a headphone out that can power pretty much any headphone and a readable display for volume, currently selected input etc Preferable: balanced...
  7. G

Kinda beating a dead horse but... (non blind level-matched DAC comparison)

Hi, everyone, 1st post here. So I'll try to be brief. I (we) could've done this a long time ago but for some reason it never happened until a few days ago. So I collected a few DACs from my friends (Focusrite Scarlett, FiiO F5, FiiO E10K, a $10 DAC from Aliexpress based on some Burr-Brown...
Top Bottom